Building a load to match the ballistic chart for my Leica rangefinder

Sure.

You know the ballistic coefficient of the bullet, height of the scope over the center of the bore, temperature, and elevation. The ballistic calculator handles most others.

Now play with velocity on the ballistic calculator until you are the closest to your desired drop. You may find you are close enough for hunting with one of the standard programs. Now load to the velocity you have solved for.

The problem is this velocity may not be the most accurate in your rifle and it won't work anymore if temperature changes or you change elevation.

All that said, I find ballistic reticles useful at hunting distances of say 600 yards. I don't load to a given velocity, but for the most accurate load. It's easier and faster to remember the bullet will impact two inches high or low at 500 and 600 than it is to remember and dial the elevation on the turret. In any event, that's why you write the numbers on the inside of your scope cover caps.

Good luck.

I see what you're saying mess of my powder load to change my ballistic curve to match my choices and not be too worried about my feet per second shift focus on accuracy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.