Building a 6mm AI

Lapua guy

Looking at a Krieger Heavy Sporter (4 Contour) barrel. Just wondering what that looks like. I was thinking of putting it on a HS Precision M24 Tactical Varmint stock, but wondering if that would be too slender of a barrel for that stock.

Any input?

What you need to do is call H&S and find out what barrel contour fits that stock.

Yeah, I guess I should rephrase the question. Obviously I have done that. I know it will fit. What I am asking is how it will look. Pretty simple, if you have that contour of barrel, or something like it from Krieger, love to see a pic.

Looking at a Krieger Heavy Sporter (4 Contour) barrel. Just wondering what that looks like. I was thinking of putting it on a HS Precision M24 Tactical Varmint stock, but wondering if that would be too slender of a barrel for that stock.

Any input?

Sorry I misunderstood your question but when you asked "if the barrel too slender for the stock" anyway. I do have a #4 Kreiger chamber for the 35 WhelenAI and it sets in a Rem BDL wood stock. I assume it be one of these since they have other models but with heavier barrels @ .930" muzzle

H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 M24 A1 Tactical Stocks

PST012 Remington 700, Short Action, BDL Remington #3 (.850" Muzzle Standard Police/Varmint)
PST087 Remington 700, Long Action, BDL Remington #3 (.850" Muzzle Standard Police/Varmint)

Well good luck

Ok, sorry, I don't think I am making myself clear. No it isn't either of those stocks. It is the M24 Vertical grip Tactical Varminter. Not asking for what stock I could use. Asking if I should use that barrel. HOW DOES IT LOOK? DO YOU HAVE A PIC?

I think that will make it more clear, I hope. Thanks.

I would go with a heaver barrel like a Krieger Remy varmint contour, only 1 lb heaver then a #4 with that stock. Or switch out to a stock with a leaner fore end. Maybe one of the Manners, if weight is an issue then definitely a manner stock with the carbon fiber upgrade.

I would go with a heaver barrel like a Krieger Remy varmint contour, only 1 lb heaver then a #4 with that stock. Or switch out to a stock with a leaner fore end. Maybe one of the Manners, if weight is an issue then definitely a manner stock with the carbon fiber upgrade.

Ok, thanks. Not a fan of the look of the Manners ultralight stocks. I will look at a different contour.

Here is my Model 70 with a modified HS Precession varmint stock and a Krieger Winchester heavy varmint contour. Same fore end as the stock you are talking about. Winchester contour has a heaver looking shank area and tappers faster than the Remy contour. But VERY similar. Hope this helps.

2011011.jpg

2011013.jpg

2011012.jpg
2011014.jpg

Very nice looking gun. The stock I have is similar, not exact, but similar. Hopefully Krieger will have the barrel I need.

Very nice looking gun. The stock I have is similar, not exact, but similar. Hopefully Krieger will have the barrel I need.

Thanks, the stock started life as a HS precision varmint. I had my smith dish out the grip area, extend it and add a hefty palm swell. Fore end should be the same. B&C painted it with their Dura touch finish.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.