building 375 cheytac best action

300spanker

I'm was wondering what action would be the best for the 375 cheytac. I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. I will also be putting carbon barrel on this gun. I am looking at a BAT or Lawton action. Which is lighter and are there other choices i should be considering.gun)

If you are building a single shot, then take a look at the BAT 8.5. For a repeater, the Stiller 1.450" or Viersco action will work just fine.

Forget the Lawton, way too many issues with quality and delivery now.

I'm was wondering what action would be the best for the 375 cheytac. I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. I will also be putting carbon barrel on this gun. I am looking at a BAT or Lawton action. Which is lighter and are there other choices i should be considering.gun)

Im building up a 375 chey tac improved... I went with the 8.5 bat action, the outside demension is 1.55. The 10 inch version is just too heavy for a light rifle.

Idaho has a 16 pound req for hunting rifles. Other states have similar requirments. So for resale value, I went with a 16 pound gun. Its a bit of a struggle, but you can get the parts. Two stocks to chose from in my mind...Manners and the Mcmillan A5...I really like the A5, but the Manners has them beat in the weight dept. With a 90% carbon fiber stock, you can get the weight down to 2.2 pounds and this will still handle the hard hitting 375 Cheytac.

From a barrel perspective, I went with a 32 inch 1 and 10.5 twist. This will shoot most hunting bullets. I would not get a real tight twist until all of the smoke has setteled on the really long banded solid bullets.

From an improved perspective everybody has an opinion. Both the snipe tac and the allen mag are really hot. The Allen Mag is just a bit hotter, but I decided to go with the milder Snipe tac. Regardless of weather or not you improve it, the 375 is one of the longest shooting hardest hitting guns on the planet.

kz

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.