Build up...Best place to get my new barrel...and parts.

Dust270WSM

I have a local guy that I can get a Benchmark barrel in .284 fluted in .284 for $395.00. Is this an accurate barrel?

Just wondering if yall know other places to get really good shooting barrels preferably fluted. Where it's not going to take 6 to 12 months preferably lol. Going to build a custom long range hunting rifle in 280 Ackley Improved.

Also a good place to get the bottom metal for my LA Rem 700?

And I think I'm going with a HS stock. Figured that was the best mid-range priced stock to get. Any thoughts on yalls pic to?

Also preferably the best deals cause I'm working with a budget.

You should check Grizzly and Bugholes for barrels in stock. The larger gunsmiths will have some barrels in stock and most can do the fluting.

If you supply the action there are gunsmiths who can build your rifle in as little as two months if they have all the parts on hand. You might want to call around to see.

Regards.

Bottom metal will affect your stock inlet. If you are looking for a quick build. Find a stock THEN buy the bottom metal. I use Surgeon, but Badger is also very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.