Build a 375/416 Barrett?

slwatson

I tried doing a search and couldn't find much info on this cartridge. Has anybody experimented much with it? I was thinking about putting a new barrel on an EDM Windrunner and seeing what kind of speeds I could get from it. Maybe 3400 fps with a 350 SMK. I'm sure it would be a barrel burner but what a fun way to burn a barrel. Are 350 SMK bullets hard to come by? Can you only buy them through Cheytac? I'd imagine this thing would be supersonic past 3000 yards.

Working on it, I am thinking it would push the 350SMK over 3500 if it were improved. JUst sent payment off for my donor gun today.

It would be nice if Berger would produce a VLD for the .375 and if Hornady produced an Amax. I haven't been able to find a soft bullet with a high BC for my .375 RUM for shooting game at long ranges- not that I need to be using the .375 in this way, I just thought it would be interesting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.