Budget scope rings....... (Flame suit on)

And this is why I asked on this forum not Snipers hide lol.
The answers there would have been A LOT DIFFERENT.
1608700236755.png

I been running the Warne Mountain Tech rings on my setups recently. Not too cheap but a well built ring IMO. I have Mark4, Badger, NightForce and TPS and the Warne rings seem on par with any of those. I've been using the aluminum ring/bases recently also. Shaves a few ounces.

Oddly enough, the UTG PRO rings are very nice, and even made in the US..just make sure they are the PRO series.

For my "lighter" hunting guns, I have come to really like the Talley LWs. I know they are as brutally strong as other are, but they are simple, light, and seem to be surviving well so far.

Hey Fellas, I'm building a budget hunting rig, just throwing on a $300 vortex scope on there nothing special. I have some rifles that I'm running a 3k scope and a $300 base, and I have some cheaper vortex scopes with cheaper scope mounts.
I have never had any tracking or zero ships with any of my rifles. So that is my experience, I don't mind putting a budget scope mount on a budget scope.
So I'm wondering if any of you all have had any experience with budget rings in the $50-60 range. The option that stands out to me currently is the Vortex pro rings. Like these.
Let me know what you all recommend.
Thanks
Cory

If your scope has a 30mm tube, I've had great results from the SWFA rings. I've used several pairs and they have all aligned well and hold securely.

John

I've had good luck with Burris XTR rings in 1" and 30mm. I think I gave around $60-$70 or so new for the two sets I purchased new. I've picked up two other sets used for cheap.

They aren't anything special, but they have never come loose. I do lap them, torque them properly, etc. I have a set of the QD 30mm version I got used for I think $40. I bounce the scope they are mounted on between two different 22LR uppers. They have never budged in two years and being taken off and on countless times.

I have Talley lightweight ring/base combo on my 6.5 prc and they have been great. About 40 bucks if I remember correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.