Budget scope rings....... (Flame suit on)

DNZ also gives you extra screws and they use really good hard steel for their hardware. I also like the tapered, rounded look of their one-piece mounts.

Hey Fellas, I'm building a budget hunting rig, just throwing on a $300 vortex scope on there nothing special. I have some rifles that I'm running a 3k scope and a $300 base, and I have some cheaper vortex scopes with cheaper scope mounts.
I have never had any tracking or zero ships with any of my rifles. So that is my experience, I don't mind putting a budget scope mount on a budget scope.
So I'm wondering if any of you all have had any experience with budget rings in the $50-60 range. The option that stands out to me currently is the Vortex pro rings. Like these.
Let me know what you all recommend.
Thanks
Cory
I have the vortex tactical on a 30
Hey Fellas, I'm building a budget hunting rig, just throwing on a $300 vortex scope on there nothing special. I have some rifles that I'm running a 3k scope and a $300 base, and I have some cheaper vortex scopes with cheaper scope mounts.
I have never had any tracking or zero ships with any of my rifles. So that is my experience, I don't mind putting a budget scope mount on a budget scope.
So I'm wondering if any of you all have had any experience with budget rings in the $50-60 range. The option that stands out to me currently is the Vortex pro rings. Like these.
Thanks
Cory
I have the Vortex tactical on a 300WM and their solid as a rock
Thanks
Cory
I have the Vortex tactical on a 300WM and their solid as a rock.

Thanks
Cory
What cartridge ?

Thanks
Cory

Green Blob Outdoors 30mm Medium Profile Picatinny High Performance Scope Rings 30 mm Diameter.

Bought these off Amazon for a .17 HMR. Perfect for that rifle. Needed pic rail rings and they fit the bill. 12.99. I lapped them but they didn't really need it. Aligned very nicely. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think they were a set of TPS or Leupy Mark 4s. Wouldn't use them on a rifle with any recoil tho. Something about the price and name Green Blob Outdoors !!!

Example of how low you can go if you skip rail and go DNZ

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_150626437.jpg
    IMG_20190709_150626437.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
Here is actually the link

Rail is nice because if all your scopes have pic rail rings, you can interchange scopes pretty easy with very little time resighting. I do love my DNZ on a muzzleloader I own tho. Nice mounts

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.