Budget long range optics

Jason

Hello, I live in New Zealand and am putting together a Rem 700 .243 for long range shooting of Wallabies, Fallow deer, and young Himalayan Tahr. It has a 21 inch barrel (shortened) and I use a suppressor. I shoot Berger 95 gr VLD's at 3025fps. I can hold 1000 ft lbs to just over 500 yds with this load. The animals I shoot are quite small, The Fallow deer would be the largest at probably 140lbs tops for a big one. Anyway I would like some advice on a scope with reliable tracking at a good price, up to $400 usd. Scopes are very expensive here and i am on a tight budget. I'm open to suggestions, my priority is good tracking with optical quality coming second.
I do 90% of my shooting in good light in open country. Looking forward to hearing your ideas.
Thanks guys.

Jason, if you're not going to shoot farther than 500 YDS I would consider the Bushnell Eliete 3200 series. I think it would work well for you for a very reasonable price. They have very good reviews from what I've read. It's not a scope I would put on an Ultra Mag, but for a 243 it should work well.

Cheers,

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.