Budget FFP scopes

You'll love it.

I have three of them and absolutely love them.

I REALLY wish the 6-24 offered a more reasonable amount of travel. I've been suggesting to them just about monthly to put out a LR model like they did for the HS. I suggested 80-100 MOA travel, hollow aiming dot like the Razer, and possibly XLR style reticle of the LR HS. A guy can dream, right?

I REALLY wish the 6-24 offered a more reasonable amount of travel. I've been suggesting to them just about monthly to put out a LR model like they did for the HS. I suggested 80-100 MOA travel, hollow aiming dot like the Razer, and possibly XLR style reticle of the LR HS. A guy can dream, right?

That's an easy fix with putting a 20 or 40 MOA rail underneath it.

That's an easy fix with putting a 20 or 40 MOA rail underneath it.

I thought about that. Only problem is there's only about 32 MOA from center. You're stuck with where your zero falls with a 40 MOA base. I wanted it for a 7mm mag variant that will be used to hunt realistic ranges and shoot out to 1k-1500.

Vortex also recommended no more than 20 MOA on a the base because it would stress the internal springs too much to grab a realistic zero.

Unless my thinking is incorrect with the 20 MOA rail the center of the lens is moved down 20 MOA which would give you 52 MOA above center which would be 208 clicks. Would another 100 clicks get you out to 1500 yds.?

gt40

PS: My 6mm Norma BR. shooting Berger 105 gr. VLDs gets beyond 1,000 yds. with my Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope with a 20 MOA rail. With my zero is at 200 yds. it takes me 108 (.24) MOA clicks to get to the center of the 1,000 yd. target.

Attachments

• 1000 yd. target.JPG
    1000 yd. target.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 87
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.