"Bucketing" or mixing powder from different lots. What say yee?

Old Man 257,
What was the disastrous result? Confirm you just mixed different lots of the same type powder? I can't think of how a bad thing could come of this. Please let us know what happened.
Thanks,
Rex
I Mixed to lots of reloader 22 and got blow primer and hard bolt opening with loades one grain over Minimum load that what happen to me so I won't do it but that just me

I Mixed to lots of reloader 22 and got blow primer and hard bolt opening with loades one grain over Minimum load that what happen to me so I won't do it but that just me
I quit using rl 22 because I saw some very large differences between lot#....

I do it all the time. Keeps from having to re-work loads due to variations in lot to lot. Some powders are more inconsistant than others lot to lot. Why wonder? If I get 3-5 one pounders, put all in clean bucket, stir up by hand and mix thorougly, then pour back in 1 lb. bottles and label/date. I fill bottles to top to exclude air. End up with several full and one partial bottle. Work out of partial bottle first.
just your bare hand and does powder stick to you and in the bucket

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.