BSA Scope Sunshades or?

A friend gave me a BSA Sweet 17 8-16x40 scope for my Savage .17HMR. Inexpensive scope but works remarkably fine on this rifle shooting grey diggers. The scope needs a sunshade to be more effective and I can't seem to find one anywhere for it (BSA says they don't have them even though they have this scope listed on some websites with a sunshade). Anyone out there have a solution (besides getting another scope)? I could put one of my Leupold scopes on it but this scope is great with this gun and "don't want to fix it if it isn't broken". Would appreciate any advise I can get for a sunshade.

I believe BSA is made in china, right? I'm not certain, but I think it is. Get a sunshade from another scope manufactured in china with the same diameter objective. It may have the same thread pattern as your BSA.

I will give your idea a try. Can't imagine any company making "varmint" scopes and not offering a sun shade but it is low end I guess. BSA is probably made in China like everything else these days. The company though is the same one who use to make weapons in WWII and motorcycles there after in Brittian. Thank you for the reply.

I read that the Sweet series will accept the BSA contender sunshades. I have 2 sweet series, one for my 22 and one for my 223. Both are great scopes even though they were relatively inexpensive.

Just purchased a couple of 3-12x40mm Sweet 17's and found that the sunshade for my Mueller 4.5-14x40 APV screwed right on it. Happy
days! I too had been searching the web for sunshades for these scopes and in fact, almost didn't purchase them due to not ever finding a definitive answer on if sunshades were available. Hope this helps. My first post, hope I did it correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.