Brux Barrels Experiences

Jud96

Hello, I've recently become very interested in Brux Barrels. I like the large variety of twists and number of grooves you can choose from to really make your barrel custom and perfect for whatever you want. I also like that they are cut rifled, we have never shot any cut rifled barrels but they have always intrigued me. They are just different and cut rifling just isn't used too often and I think it is very cool on the amount of time, accuracy, and precision that is taken to perform cut rifling. Brux also isn't as big as other popular barrels and I always like trying something different and rooting for the less popular guys. I think it would be interesting to give one of their barrels a whirl. What do you guys think about them. Let me see some of your builds and groups that were made using Brux barrels. Just want some input and personal experiences with them. Thanks!

Last edited:
They are awesome! I just built a 6.5-284 with a Brux and it shoots amazing. I also have a 6.5 WSM that has a Brux on it. I can't say enough about the quality.

Cant complain about their 30 cal 4 groove. 100 yards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 193
They are awesome! I just built a 6.5-284 with a Brux and it shoots amazing. I also have a 6.5 WSM that has a Brux on it. I can't say enough about the quality.
Thank you for the input. Great to hear you are having success with them in your 6.5s, may I ask what twist and how many grooves do your barrels have?
Cant complain about their 30 cal 4 groove. 100 yards
Great to know they shoot that well in the .30cals! That is a nice group, neat to see that you are shooting a 4 groove barrel! My Dad mentioned re barreling his vintage '03 Springfield sporter and was hoping to find a new tube that was a 4 groove to match the military barrel and because those 4 grooves shoot very good!

My rifles are built with Brux.
Well if you use them Len then they gotta be good barrels haha. I wasn't aware you used Brux barrels or I could have just looked at how well your rigs shoot with them on here!

I believe Kevin Cram (Montour County Rifles) uses quite a few Brux barrels. It's been awhile since I talked to Kevin but if I recall he was very fond of their barrels and he builds good stuff so they must be pretty good or he wouldn't be using them.

I believe Kevin Cram (Montour County Rifles) uses quite a few Brux barrels. It's been awhile since I talked to Kevin but if I recall he was very fond of their barrels and he builds good stuff so they must be pretty good or he wouldn't be using them.

Kevin at MCR has built three rifles for me. All have used Brux barrels. They clean very easy, they are doing well on round counts, and the all shoot very well. Kevin builds awesome rifles and the Brux barrels are performing in his applications. I will not hesitate to use them on my 300 WSM.

I have Bartlein, Brux and Kreigers on my better rifles. You can't go wrong with any of them. Brux usually has shorter delivery times if you want a custom. I have a 7mm and a 338 Brux, both are excellent.

Thanks guys for the information. I'm really interested in these barrels. They seem very nice!

Thanks for all of the replies. Definitely going to give a Brux barrel a try later down the road. They seem like awesome barrels and I like the wide range of options and customization available from Brux. Thanks guys! Anymore input or pictures of your rigs and groups using Brux barrels is still much appreciated.

Myself and a friend built 22-284's with brux barrels. Like all the other comments. Clean up well and shoot real good. My friend also just did a 6.5 Sherman with a 8 twist brux. Shoots the 160 Matrix awesome. There wait time is getting a bit longer. our 22 cal barrels were a 4 month wait. The 6.5 barrel was 8 months!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.