Browning Xbolt actions

Brad615

Hello to all & hope you are healthy & safe!
Does anybody have any advise or experience with completing a rifle build on a browning xbolt action? Should I true the action or not? I have been told that browning actions do not need to be trued? I'm not an expert when it comes to rifle builds, however my last build I did have the action trued although it was a remington action & not a browning. I have an xbolt that I absolutely love, and already have the stock & trigger. so looking to rebarrel, bedding etc etc. My concern is the action? Specifically for anybody who has not trued it & what kind of results your getting long range? Thanks, Brad.

I would think as long as you have a high quality barrel it should be pretty true. The X-Bolts are pretty precise.

Thanks. I talked to the gunsmith/company that did my last build & was told there is no benefit gained to true brownings action & overall they are a very good hunting rifle. I decided to glass bed it which I completed & overall I'm getting well under moa at long ranges so just gonna leave well enough alone for now. I'll use the money for another build 😁

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.