Browning x-bolt 6.5 creedmoor, help

Your Browning is an excellent rifle, at 200 rounds your barrel is just broken-in, don't mess with it as your problem I am quite sure is your scope.
I have had the same experience with Leupolds in my 59+ years of shooting and hunting and have discarded all of them (6), they are no longer on my list of reliable scopes.
Try putting on another scope but make sure you check your base, rings and set torque are correct, then sight-in the rifle. I am sure that your groupings will be concentrated depending on the quality of the test scope. Once that done then you can decide on what scope to buy next and return the Leupold for warranty then sell it to get rid of it!
Good luck!!

I'm betting your going to see a massive amount of copper come out of your barrel. Since you didn't use a copper cleaner from the start your barrel really isn't broken in. So once clean and properly broken in I would expect your accuracy to be better than before. Then just don't let that copper build up again. And look into what a carbon ring is. You will be needing to address that issue too. BoreTech makes a carbon remover too. Their products work good and are completely safe. Let us know how the cleaning goes.
Shep

I have a browning x-bolt hells canyon 6.5 creedmoor with 26" barrel with a Leupold vx-6hd 3-18x44. Bought last November, shot excellent out of the box had it shooting sub moa in just a few shots. Between December-March shot approximately 200 rounds, shooting pop cans at 500 and 600 yards consistently, very pleased. Fast forward a few weeks end of March to April and now I can't get it to group at 200 yards anymore. I haven't changed anthing, I've been shooting factory hornady eld match 140. Could the warmer temperatures be affecting it that much. I've checked scope mounts everything is tight. I'm lost and pretty frustrated. Any ideas or thoughts? I included a picture from my previous 200 yard group

I recently purchased a bore scope, for about $50.00 from Amazon it's a Teslong, it works very well, could help with your diagnosis, if there is barrel fouling present or other irregularity, it was well worth the money. But if you are just shooting Factory ammunition, might have gotten a bad batch or box, or a box that had been dropped, you could check the length on your cartridges on factory ammo. Had a my stock get loose on my BAR that opened up my groups. On another rifle had to reset and re-torque all of my scope mounts once due to a minor drop while cleaning I did not think affected anything but after the re-torque it straightened out. Sorry wasn't more help.

New to this forum. I sent you a direct message because i was having a problem getting my reply to post. I was having the same problem your describing with same caliber and same brand of ammo. My issue was copper 100 percent copper fouling. I sent you a detailed explanation to your message box. Good luck

I have a browning x-bolt hells canyon 6.5 creedmoor with 26" barrel with a Leupold vx-6hd 3-18x44. Bought last November, shot excellent out of the box had it shooting sub moa in just a few shots. Between December-March shot approximately 200 rounds, shooting pop cans at 500 and 600 yards consistently, very pleased. Fast forward a few weeks end of March to April and now I can't get it to group at 200 yards anymore. I haven't changed anthing, I've been shooting factory hornady eld match 140. Could the warmer temperatures be affecting it that much. I've checked scope mounts everything is tight. I'm lost and pretty frustrated. Any ideas or thoughts? I included a picture from my previous 200 yard group
I would change the scope first thing and see if groups got better, if not no harm did, but if you see great improvement problem solved, I've been through this several times and every time scope was the culprit causing problems.

Have you done any chronograph testing? Perhaps you are seeing some effects of barrel speed up. Combined with what the other gents have suggested you may want to take a look at that.

Check your scope. Scratch that. Take it off and send it to Leupold for repair. I have the same scope on a rifle that cost me close to 500 rounds down the tube before I did this to mine. I was thinking my rifle was a lemon and I could not believe that a VX6 could be bad after paying that kinda money so I tried many different bullets and powders to no avail. I was still reluctant to believe the scope was bad so I I took the scope off and sent the rifle to Holland gunsmiths in Oregon. Darrel said everything was with in spec and asked about round count because he could see the effects of the round count. Long story short another individual started telling me of his VX6 issues and how he went thru 4 to get a good one. I asked what time frame he purchased and had this happen and it turned out being the same time frame I bought my scope. Sent mine in and 2 months down the road it was returned with a repair order stating the scope had been repair. Never said specifically what was repaired. All I know is they worked on it and put parts into it. Once it was back on the rifle I found the load with in 50 rounds. 1/2" at 100 now. Barrel life now cut in half so I'm going stop there for fear of burning out the barrel the rest of the way.

Send it in.

Leupold will fix any scope with their name on it. I don't know how so many break their loopies. I have some that are over 30 yrs old that work just fine. I've sent one leupold back in 40 yrs of hunting and 30 yrs as a professional gunsmith. I guess me and my customers have just been real lucky because as some put it there all broke before you even check them. Don't even try checking it just send it back it's definitely broke. I wouldn't waste the time and money sending one back till I verified it was the cause.
Shep