Browning x-bolt 6.5 creedmoor, help

#1 A good cleaning with known top quality bore solvents with a guide and good cleaning rod. I have used shooters choice for years and now find I like bore tech as well or better. #2 Get a inch/pound torque driver for action screws and scope mounting. A good cleaning till blue green no longer stains patches and torque action screws to Browning recommendation and shoot. After that then if groups are not good look at trying different scope. No point going to scope till after a fouled bore and properly adjusted action screws are eliminated as the problem.

My son is a SEAL Sniper, once he zeroed it, ran a hundred plus rounds through the 7.62 I bought for him, his reply surprised me. "Dad, I do not run anything through the barrel to clean it, once it is broke in," he said, after I offered to clean it for him. Interesting!
My son went through Army Sniper school and evidently they don't teach cleaning. Pulling a bore snake through the barrel a couple of times seemed to be their idea of cleaning.

Check you lot number on the boxes of your factory ammo. It does, and can change.
I know you said it was the same ammo, but like this guy said check the Lot #. My coworker had a bunch of hornady 6.5 prc ammo that wouldn't shoot better than 2 moa, tried it in my brother gun same thing 2+ moa switched lots and both guns were .5-.7 moa... Extreme case, but can happen...

When you shot it the last time before you stored it did you not clean it ? If you did then i would think that would tell you its not the cleaning . I hAd the same problem with my 338 Lapua hunting rifle and i had 3000.00 scope on it and around thousand dollars worth of trying different ammo i talk to Nosler and Christensen arm about the grouping and they all said to check the scope so i did and that's what it was i went back with Leica and no problem now. But i do clean my rifles around 8 to 20 shots when I'm getting ready to go huntIng. I have 3 - 6.5 CR rifles and one of them is the browning and i use the Berger 140 VLD hunting ammo in them . And its lights out

I have the same gun and "had" a VX6HD on mine that I bought brand new. The gun shot incredible right out of the gate for me. After only 1 box of factory Hornady ammo the groups were opening up big time. After cleaning the barrel real good I noticed a couple of black specs on the inside of the scope on the ocular lense. I sent it in to Leupold and when they sent it back I was told that the Erector System was shot and had to replaced along with cleaning the inside of the lenses. I've since put a Nikon X1000 on the gun and now it is back to shooting bugholes.....

Is it the same lot number of ammo? Might be the same brand, but if all the lot numbers are not the same, it may not shoot with the batch of components they used.

Copper fouling. Make sure to clean with a copper removing product and white patch until no blue residue.

I agree with scope. Had the same thing happen on my sons rifle with a Leupold. Tried a different scope and all was good. Sent it in, turned out to be the erector.

Good luck,
Steve
Could possibly be the scope Leupold will back their product, I've only had 1 fail but am pretty sure I was the culprit. They promptly repaired it. I've broken rings and never had them question replacement. Unfortunately no company can control quality control's pride or attitude 100% of the time. I'm not a Leupold man but I've got afew on various rifles and handguns. I think they're a good hometown American product! Try adjusting scope several inches down and right to see how accurately the poi follows. I'd think loose action, I don't know anything about Brownings bedding set up. I've read great reviews about that rifle!

I have not. Can you explain a little?
You will see lots of recommendations for different solvents and I have tried many. Boretech copper solvents have been hands down the best for me. Another thing. That will save you some work: take a soft foam earplug, roll it up small & plug the muzzle. Stand rife muzzle down in a plastic cup & secure. Then fill bore up with boretech to the chamber. Let it sit for about 3-5 days & drain from the muzzle end. Run about 4 dry patches followed by 4 wet patches then run dry patches through last - get chamber & bore dry. Shoot some fouling rounds. Each barrel will be a little different on how many fouling rounds, sometimes not even 3 rounds but have saw it take 10 on one rifle to settle down. Tell us how it goes.

WesG93,
since I have gotten in this late I will try not to repeat what someone else has said.. but I have low hopes of that.
first I would look at the lot numbers on the ammo, one of the flaps will have a lot number on it. if they are different then the mystery is solved. this happens a lot. Different lots have different powder and things go sideways.
second is the scope rings and bases. sometimes they loosen up.
third is the gun shifts in the stock and that causes more weird problems that I can describe here.
plastic stock or fiber-glass? Plastic stocks sometimes just deform for some reason and impinge on the barrel in some way this tosses off accuracy big time.
next is copper and powder fowling. I suggest a good copper cleaner like Wipe-Out/Patch Out or Montana X-treme bore solvent W/ Montana X-treme Copper Killer. then a good carbon cleaner like Bortech C4. I use a myriad of cleaners, bore solvents, and carbon removers depending on severity. the most severe is the J-B bore paste that is for the worst case scenarios. Yes, I have had some "worst case" guns come in.
if none of this works. I have one question for you: does the rifle string? shot the first round then the next several shoot off in a line ever farther off the first round's impact? I had a few guns do this. the barrels for some reason went bad. a real mystery was they were tac-drivers for a few hundred rounds then the barrels developed a bad problem of bending as they heated up. it was the weirdest phenomenon I have seen in 20 years of being a gunsmith.

Have a friend that had the same problem. He used Wipe-Out Patch-out . Soak the bore and let it set 24 hours run patches through then do the same thing again for 24 hours. If there is any black or blue on your patch do it again for 24 hours.

Agreed. Try some of this. I agree with the scope comments too. I hope it works out. I've always been impressed with factory Brownings, particularly A-bolts and I really hope their QC is not going south. This is the second thread recently on X-bolts with issues and it's concerning.View attachment 186120
SWEETS WORKS FOR ME OVER 30 YEARS

LOVE IT

My son is a SEAL Sniper, once he zeroed it, ran a hundred plus rounds through the 7.62 I bought for him, his reply surprised me. "Dad, I do not run anything through the barrel to clean it, once it is broke in," he said, after I offered to clean it for him. Interesting!

#1 7.62nato vs 6.5cm
HUMONGOUS VELOCITY DIFFERENCE.

#2 7.62NATO FMJ COPPER JACKET HARDER AND LESS COPPER FOULING THAN 6.5CM HUNTING/TARGET COPPER JACKET.

#3 BARREL HARDNESS ON M24/M110/M240/ETC ETC HIGHER BRINELL RATING THAN ALMOST any commercial barrel...

All the above make a difference.

My novels 7.62 could fire right near 750 rnds with 178s before copper FOULING affected it...

30 minute sweets 7.62 soak after 100 bore strokes

15 dry patches

.75moa

Had over 10k rounds when I sold it, still .75 moa...

AWESOME fn barrels

High brunell hardness, unbelievably smooth after fire polishing bore with david tubbs kit..