Browning x-bolt 6.5 creedmoor, help

If you are doing this I'm the house use BoreTech cleaners they don't smell. They work pretty good. But sweets 7.62 and copper Creek carbon remover works faster. Just don't take a sniff out of the bottle it will knock your socks off. Hoppes number 9 will not get the copper out. The stuff you have should work for a lube/rust preventer. I think there are some good threads on cleaning on this site. Good place to start. And definitely get a bore guide and one piece rod.

Shep

If you are doing this I'm the house use BoreTech cleaners they don't smell. They work pretty good. But sweets 7.62 and copper Creek carbon remover works faster. Just don't take a sniff out of the bottle it will knock your socks off. Hoppes number 9 will not get the copper out. The stuff you have should work for a lube/rust preventer. I think there are some good threads on cleaning on this site. Good place to start. And definitely get a bore guide and one piece rod.

Shep
If you choose to use an ammonia based solvent such as Sweets 7.62, don't leave it in for more than 15 minutes or it can etch the bore. It's the first copper solvent I ever used, and it does work well. The foam cleaners are more lenient time wise.

Not convinced it's a barrel cleaning issue. You went from almost perfect group to spread out group almost instantaneously. What really changed was the date. One happened on one day the other on another day. I'd start with backing up to 100 yards, if that gives bad group then , check all mount and ring screws, move your reticle up 4 clicks, down 4 clicks and same right and left. Make sure your rounds follow, that will give you good indication scope is at least operating. Lastly, have another person shoot. I have had bad days of shooting and awesome days. Little sweat on the brow, a hangover, and so on.... could just be you. That would be the easiest and cheapest fix.

Check the gaurd screws first, then the barrel channel, and then the bedding. Has the gun taken any nasty falls? Could something have happened to break the scope? I have four of the Vx6 and have never had one lay down on me, but everything mechanical can fail.
My experience with Hornady ammunition the power Hornady uses may be the problem, but I'm talking about shooting an AR-10. When the temperature drops below 65* I cannot shoot any Hornady brands will not operate the BCG just not enough pressure, my gun's problem. My grandson the same shooting problem with Hornady ammunition. Maybe you're as well.

I have a browning x-bolt hells canyon 6.5 creedmoor with 26" barrel with a Leupold vx-6hd 3-18x44. Bought last November, shot excellent out of the box had it shooting sub moa in just a few shots. Between December-March shot approximately 200 rounds, shooting pop cans at 500 and 600 yards consistently, very pleased. Fast forward a few weeks end of March to April and now I can't get it to group at 200 yards anymore. I haven't changed anthing, I've been shooting factory hornady eld match 140. Could the warmer temperatures be affecting it that much. I've checked scope mounts everything is tight. I'm lost and pretty frustrated. Any ideas or thoughts? I included a picture from my previous 200 yard group
What yardage is the gun zeroed at ? 200? You mention "can't group at 200" so what about at it's zero at 100 ? Does it group fine ?
You are certain the scope "base" is tight ? There is a plethora of reasons it can happen really
I have a old m77 hunting rifle do that to me that had set for along time . Couldn't get the elevation to change at all ! Ended up being the elevation pin stuck on a o ring . A little whack from a plastic mallet and Walla Back to zero again !

I have a browning x-bolt hells canyon 6.5 creedmoor with 26" barrel with a Leupold vx-6hd 3-18x44. Bought last November, shot excellent out of the box had it shooting sub moa in just a few shots. Between December-March shot approximately 200 rounds, shooting pop cans at 500 and 600 yards consistently, very pleased. Fast forward a few weeks end of March to April and now I can't get it to group at 200 yards anymore. I haven't changed anthing, I've been shooting factory hornady eld match 140. Could the warmer temperatures be affecting it that much. I've checked scope mounts everything is tight. I'm lost and pretty frustrated. Any ideas or thoughts? I included a picture from my previous 200 yard group
My friend has the same rifle and experienced the same thing. I checked everything all good. Then I asked" when did you last clean it?" A: ooooo about 80 shots ago! I looked in the barrel it was dirty as hell and coppered up! I cleaned it and 8 shots later it was back to a 0.5 MOA at his 200 yard zero with the 143 ELDX. Hand loads.

Recent Posts