Browning x bolt 280 Ackley Improved bullet?

Are these bullets A Tip? I think i mite try some of them. Use them to break the barrel in.

No, they are either the ELMD or ELDX. The photos don't show the red tip as a way to "prevent" us from figuring out the manufacturer. The description mentions a polymer tip, not aluminum.

For deer sized game I prefer the 140 grain bullets out of my Browning 280 AI. I'm kind of a oddball and use IMR 4831 with very good accuracy. I use federal 210 primers with this load but if you have plenty of mag primers I wouldn't hesitate to start load development with them. I was actually forced into doing this with my 7-08 being low on LRP and having many LRMP and it worked surprisingly well for only 50 grains of powder.

I think you will enjoy your new rifle. I picked up the 280ai 26" xbolt speed long range this year. It shoots really well with H1000 and 175 eldx. I'm running just about 2800fps with that load. I'm also going to try 162 eldx with rl23 which I hope to get 2950-3000 out of. Both of those I would feel confident in out to 500+. Retumbo is supposed to be good with it too, I just couldn't find any to try.

Our deer isnt that big. Would eld m work good on them? Or should i get the eld x? I was reading the eld m would group better. Thats why i was asking about the eld m. Have u shot anything with the 175gr eld x bullets?

Our deer isnt that big. Would eld m work good on them? Or should i get the eld x? I was reading the eld m would group better. Thats why i was asking about the eld m. Have u shot anything with the 175gr eld x bullets?
Not yet, but I dont have any worry about them. As far as grouping the 175 load when I did the ladder test it was about a 0.5moa at 100yds, for the load I picked and I havent played with setting depths yet. The key I read about the eldx, eldm is not to run them much over 3000fps if you plan on ever shooting something close range otherwise they can open early as they are not a bonded or copper bullet. I picked the 175 eldx to start with because I also put in for elk and I felt this bullet would be good for anything. For deer I'm hoping the 162 works out as it will shoot a little flatter out to 500.

I never shot any eld x or m bullets before. I never shot any hammer bullets. I dont think i need a bullet built like that. For our small deer we have. One of my friend's shoots a 280AI. All he uses is a hornady 120gr hp. He even shoots them out of his 7mm stw. I want try a little heavier bullets. I am hunting a new spot. Its over run with hogs.

Looks like you are well stocked to work up a variety of possible loads. I shoot a 280AI built by GAPrecision. Now mainly shoot Berger 168 & 180 VLDs on large KS deer (both whitetail & muleys) and used the 180 on elk. Have shot a bunch of hornady 162s but just as target loads so no data on game. Have some 140g Absolute Hammers but haven't yet done load development….intentions of using for whitetail.

I've primarily used H4831sc but started using RL23 a couple years ago and is now my favorite powder for my hunting loads so you may want to pick up some given you said some is available locally to you.

Good luck in your load development….always a fun "science project" 😎

I would like to try accubond. Cant find any of them. I have alot of 7mm bullets. I been using in my 280 rem and 7 mm mag.
Nolser
120gr bt
140gr bt
150gr bt
140gr part.
Hornady
120gr v max
139gr sst
Sierra
140gr gk.
Berger
140gr vld hunting
168gr vld hunting.
I just wanted to shoot a heavier bullet in my 280AI.

.280AI is great cartridge, very efficient, and with the components you listed, there should be no problem finding a load that will work well. Be prepared for a rock trigger in your Browning. I've owned many Brownings in my day and still have one in 7-08. I have replaced the spring and still is at 3lbs. Also, you may want to consider how much meat preservation is a factor with you in bullet selection. A few of those will have a grenade effect with plenty of collateral damage. Enjoy your X-Bolt .280AI

The Berger's you have on hand will work great. H4831 is THE tried and true powder in the 280AI. But, RL23 is nothing but fantastic. I'm on my second barrel. Ran the 150 LRAB at 3100 fps and 162 ELDX at 3000 fps in that barrel. Now I run the 120 Hammer Hunter at 3541 fps and the 154 SST at 3127 fps. All listed above were 0.5 moa or better.
You don't need to run the 170-180 bullets in the AI. It works better with bullets under this weight. If you want to run those, get a 7 RemMag or bigger. I've got a gunsmith friend that's built many 280AI's. He's settled on the 150 LRAB due to its performance (both short and long range). He says it's a "perfect storm" in this cartridge. I know many other that love the 168 Berger.

I prefer the 168 LRAB in my 280AI and have done well with h1000, rl22, 4831sc and now only shooting rl26. I only use magnum primers.