• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Browning Model 71 Carbine in 348 Winchester

The Browning Model 71 rifles were made in 1986 and 1987.

The Model 71 is a top-eject levergun, so they come factory drilled & tapped on the side of the receiver for use of a peep or ghost ring sight.

Last edited:
The Model 71 is a top-eject levergun, so they come factory drilled & tapped on the side of the receiver for use of a peep or ghost ring sight.
They also drill and tap a rear peep off the tang. I have it on my Winchester 71

I understand they (Browning M-71's) are drill and tapped for a receiver sight near the back on the left side by the factory, I was asking about the three (3) holes forward on the left side of the receiver in the photo, I've never seen them in that location on any factory Browning Mod 71's... were they added by you? I know it's top eject.

I didn't add them, but it looks like they're for a sidemounted scopemount base, like on the Griffin & Howe rifles.

Weaver, Williams, Griffin & Howe, and I'm sure others make a side mount that allow a scope to be used on a top eject levergun.