Browning High Wall

wiiicgun

Currently I have a Sendero SF in 7mm STW. I've always liked the looks of the Brownimg High Wall. Been looking at one in 7 rem mag with a view towards a re chamber to 7 STW. Anyone out there have any info on the high walls accuracy potential etc. it has an octagonal 28" barrel & seems like it might be a great project. Any thoughts? Anybody do one already? Thanks

I have a Winchester 1885 in 45-70 and a Ruger #1 in 7mm STW. I like the single shots, and both can be accurate with the correct load.

I have not read anything about a Browning single shot being transformed into a 7mm stw, but it does sound interesting. I like the Browning/Winchesters alot, they are a bit slimmer and weigh a bit less than the Ruger #1's, at least the ones that I have handled.

I would be interested in how this turns out for you if you do this transformation.

I'd ask one of the Great gunsmiths that frequent this forum, the quality is there and so is the accuracy ,I reloaded for one in a 270wsm OMG did she shoot, and yes she had that 28 bbl you talked about ,not to mention Ausome speed n looks , good luck n regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts