Browning Hells Canyon Speed muzzle brake

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Just picked one of these up in 300 PRC in a mad scramble to have a gun for my wife to hunt with for her early October. ( Ya i have over 2 months but with my schedule load development, bedding and getting her comfortable on the rifle is going to be hard with how busy I am)

I popped the radial brake off of it (I can't stand radial brakes blowing dirt everywhere) and looked at it and assumed 1/2-28. Ok easy I have a few of those sitting here. Nope, won't thread on. Well it looks like its a 13 x .75 metric thread. Guess I have to make a brake for it! That's the first I've seen of that thread. Probably do one of my 760 series 5 port brakes (.76" diameter) and taper it to my barrel. Glad I already have some midnight bronze Cerakote sitting here from a buddies gun build.

Haha, so am I! Mine came out to .99oz.

54487A55-26DC-4002-85E0-68C2F5C6D1AC.jpeg

Well sign me up for 2

I have a Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC 24 inch and a Pro Long Range 6.5 PRC 26 inch
Will buy 1 for each when they are ready Sir.

Any chance before Oct 5th when elk season opens here in Utah. LOL

Well sign me up for 2

I have a Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC 24 inch and a Pro Long Range 6.5 PRC 26 inch
Will buy 1 for each when they are ready Sir.

Any chance before Oct 5th when elk season opens here in Utah. LOL

Double check the thread size on that pro long range, the hells canyon long range is a 5/8x24.

Yep the long range is different than the speed. I'll be doing brakes specific to both.

I just shot mine. It was a new design for my muzzle brakes. Definitely the best muzzle brake I've ever used. Hardly any muzzle rise. With my 56mm scope I would be able to see bullet impacts at 200 yards. Going to play with top porting next. My browning is 8 lbs scoped and chambered in 300PRC. I could shoot it all day.

Kinda off subject but how much room is in magbox ? Im thinking of buying one in 300 prc and would want to change the brake to one like your design just didn't know if mag box allows enough coal

Umm I haven't done handloads for it, but the 225 ELDM Factory ammo fits in there With maybe .06" extra? I will caliper it tonight and get you a definitive answer.