Browning hells canyon 6.8 western

tknuts103

I am getting an aftermarket brake made for my hells canyon speed in 6.8 western and was wondering if anyone would happen to know the diameter of the furthest point on the barrel (not the threaded part) it sounds like they want to match the tip of my barrel but I only have a string and tape measure to measure it. I was hoping someone had the factory numbers so it is done right. I would hate to be off by a fraction.

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting ahold of Browning and ordered the muzzlebrake yesterday. That information should help anyone else with the hells canyon trying to order a brake.

Borrow a dial caliper or call Browning. Or .... send that fake Browning brake to the guy who is making your new brake. This way you will be sure to match the thread pitch too.

I ordered one from unknown munitions. They had one that would fit the hells canyon perfectly but I decided to get one that will be a touch larger than the tip of the barrel just because I wanted the self timing version. I am cerakoting it and testing it against the factory brake. I can add pics and results when I am done.

Would you happen to known if a gunsmith can taper down the muzzlebrake to match the tip of the barrel? I am alright with it gradually becoming larger but would prefer for it to look flush where they meet

Would you happen to known if a gunsmith can taper down the muzzlebrake to match the tip of the barrel? I am alright with it gradually becoming larger but would prefer for it to look flush where they meet

Absolutely. A good Smith will have it matched up so well you'll barely be able to see the seam

I am getting an aftermarket brake made for my hells canyon speed in 6.8 western and was wondering if anyone would happen to know the diameter of the furthest point on the barrel (not the threaded part) it sounds like they want to match the tip of my barrel but I only have a string and tape measure to measure it. I was hoping someone had the factory numbers so it is done right. I would hate to be off by a fraction.
Borrow a caliper!