Browning HC LR McMillian

Waynzee

Finally got to check one of these out today in 300 win. mag., beautiful well balanced rifle but the price tag, ouch $1900. I dunno what do you fellas think?

It might be cheaper to go with the HC speed long range, then order a McMillan stock afterwards. I'd go with an adjustable stock as well. I've seen some on GB for about 1800 though.

Last edited:
Oh I didn't order it, the rifle was in a gun shop I was at getting some reloading supplies and I made the mistake of picking it up and putting it to my shoulder. I like that McMillian stock.

Yeah I picked one up at a hunting expo a year ago, finally broke down and ordered one in 28 Nosler. Haven't had it out to the range yet, looking forward to it though

257Tony have you had a chance to take it to the range? I have been looking at them online for a while and finally got to handle on in person yesterday. I thought it was amazing. I want one in 28 Nosler so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

257Tony have you had a chance to take it to the range? I have been looking at them online for a while and finally got to handle on in person yesterday. I thought it was amazing. I want one in 28 Nosler so would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Just shot it for the first time Friday. Did a simple ladder with 180 Eld-M and Reloder 33. Started at 84 and went up to 88.5, sweet spot was 87-88, they all shoot right at 5/8" for 3 shots. I'm planning on loading a bunch more at 88 and see how it does at 300.

Definitely liking this rifle, will probably be my go to gun this season.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.