browning eclipse help

sirking

i am thinking about buying a browning eclipse in 7mm wsm, this is a a-bolt with a 26in heavy barrel with a laminate thumb hole stock. anyone with and experence with this gun ? It would be used for deer and possible some long range play. any help from some of you all ......or would you all think another rifle would be better... thanks for any help..............................

sirking , I have 2 eclipse's , One in 300 win mag an another in 300 wsm, I wont give either one up even though there pretty much the same . Those guns are just a pleasure to shoot . The wsm shoots 180 noslers all they way to 1000 yards at milk jugs with no problem and I have only shot the 300win mag at 500 so far and it printed a 3 inch group on steel with 190smk's. Once you find the sweet spot with the boss system your set. Get you gunsmith to adjust your trigger to your likeing , only takes 2 minutes to adjust it [adjustable trigger in it]. I lightened mine to just about a pound. Then try not to burn up the barrel while you haveing so much fun shooting it. I really like the thumbhole stock , It gives me a better grip on the bench. They are a little heavy but I dont walk too much with either. There just a good looking gun too. Good luck in your decision and dont be afraid of getting one , Brownings web site has listings for the sweet spots on the boss system that will give you an Idea of were to set it .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.