Browning barrel thread

Makes me think that maybe they switched all their rifles to a standard thread pitch. They already got into the game late with threaded factory rifles it was stupid not go with what is main stream.

Browning got into the threaded game late????? My 1994 A-bolt 30-06 has the Boss system, threaded barrel. Who else had a threaded barrel 26 years ago?

Browning got into the threaded game late????? My 1994 A-bolt 30-06 has the Boss system, threaded barrel. Who else had a threaded barrel 26 years ago?
I meant with a standard thread pitch for mounts.If you took off the boss what is thread pitch?

I meant with a standard thread pitch for mounts.If you took off the boss what is thread pitch?
You didn't say that! ;0) Depends on the caliber. My 30-06 is "non-standard" 9/16-24. I believe the magnums were 5/8-24, and I presume the point two calibers are smaller, but not sure..... I've seen posts that say some of the threads are metric, but I haven't seen that yet. Browning was the first kids on the block though and were there a long time before anyone else with a factory rifle so there wasn't a "standard" size for them to follow.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.