Browning A-Bolt (No model) but serial number

matt_3479

I have a buddy that won a browning a-bolt ... and he doesn't want it so he told me he would sell it to me for 500 dollars. Now im going to take it cause its a browning and its a 300. wsm but i asked the model and there was no model. he gave me a serial number though. (17515mx351) Is there anyway i can find out a model. I have pictures of it so i know what it looks like. Its Walnut i believe, doesn't have a high gloss like the medallion but it does have some glass. It has a monte carlo stock

Ya, if its a 2003' it would precede the X-Bolt.
One note;you can only adjust your trigger pull wt. down to 3ish pounds. no over travel adjustment on A-Bolts that Im aware of. Mine is a hair over 3 pounds and its as light as it gets. Still ''squishy'' tho. Aftermarket parts are difficult to come by, but there are some. Good luck with your new toy!

Rifle Basix makes a trigger replacement spring for the A-Bolt. Easy to replace the factory one and install the new one. Makes the trigger less than 3 lbs. easily. Inexpensive too, Midway has them.

There's some visual ways to tell which model it is as well. The bolt varies by model, as well as the magazine between some models

I own two of the original A-bolts, both stainless stalkers in 7 & 338 mags..slick, quick, easy to point...I believe I bought them about 30 years ago and not long after that they changed over to the A-bolt II...so if it's an A-I it's been in hiding for a long long time...by the way both of mine are still in use and are and were extremely accurate, better than most off the shelf rifles..great shooters.