Browning A-Bolt (No model) but serial number

matt_3479

I have a buddy that won a browning a-bolt ... and he doesn't want it so he told me he would sell it to me for 500 dollars. Now im going to take it cause its a browning and its a 300. wsm but i asked the model and there was no model. he gave me a serial number though. (17515mx351) Is there anyway i can find out a model. I have pictures of it so i know what it looks like. Its Walnut i believe, doesn't have a high gloss like the medallion but it does have some glass. It has a monte carlo stock

winmag

Ya, if its a 2003' it would precede the X-Bolt.
One note;you can only adjust your trigger pull wt. down to 3ish pounds. no over travel adjustment on A-Bolts that Im aware of. Mine is a hair over 3 pounds and its as light as it gets. Still ''squishy'' tho. Aftermarket parts are difficult to come by, but there are some. Good luck with your new toy!

MT4XFore

Rifle Basix makes a trigger replacement spring for the A-Bolt. Easy to replace the factory one and install the new one. Makes the trigger less than 3 lbs. easily. Inexpensive too, Midway has them.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.