Browning A-Bolt LH Stainless Stalker at the range

Buttermilk

I recently picked up a left hand Browning A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker 7mm Remington Mag.

Mounted a Zeiss 4.5x-14 Conquest scope on it with Burris Signature rings.

I've been a long time reader of the board with few postings, but thought I'd post a target pic.

This pic is of the second group I fired at 100 yards.
1331449818.jpg

I plan to do some more tweaking to the load, as well as get it sighted in at 200 yds.

I hope to load up some Berger 168 VLD's in the near future.

Regards
Rog

Thanks. This is the first rifle I've owned since 2000. I've been doing all my hunting/shooting with handguns such as the T/C Encore prior to this Browning. Killed a couple of antelope with T/C Encore's in 280AI and 30-280AI.

I was actually trying to find a LH Remington M700 stainless laminated stock in 7RM or 300WM, but was not successful in locating one of these (no longer made) in 9-10 months of looking for a used one. I'd owned a 7mm version of this back in 2000 that was a good shooter, then sold it to focus on handguns.

Found this Browning (it'd been on the rack for a long time, but I wasn't interested in it till I couldn't find a Remington) and decided to take it home.

I've got some work to do to get it shoot some better so I can stretch the legs on it.

The above target was actually my second 3-shots for group at 100 yds after getting on paper. Interestingly, (though I was kinda expecting it) was the exact same load with a F215GMM primer opened up to 1.120" for 3 shots at 100. My chrono batter died on my on the second shot of this string, but the first two shots avg'd 3168 fps (which seems a bit on the high side to me). I'd expect the F210GMM primer'd load to be some slower.

Regards,

Rog

Buttermilk,

I too am LH and have the original SS Stalker in 7mm Rem Mag. It shoots bug hole groups with a full house of 8700 powder and 168 SMK. They run at 2950. The other load is 140 TTSX with Retumbo off the the Barnes reloading data sight is very accurate and deadly too.

It looks like your rifle is a shooter too. I have never seen a Browning factory rifle though that didn't shoot really well when feed correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.