• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Browning A bolt II Stainless Stalker with BOSS 338WM Mint

huskerhunter

Selling my little used A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker with BOSS system in mint condition with original box. I also have both the ported AND non ported BOSS brake, a $100 accessory (I didn't want to blow my ears out when hunting). I always easily got 1 MOA groups with factory ammo and very little fidgeting of the BOSS system. I carried this on one Elk hunt and it has a few very small rubs/use marks but is in excellent condition as you can see from the pics. I added two bore scope pics, One at the throat/rifling juncture and you can see no significant carbon build up and no erosion or fire cracking. The other is mid way down the bore. It has standard Leupold front dovetail rear windage bases

If you're looking for a lightweight big game rifle with traditional lines this thing is the BOSS! I researched completed auctions on GB and the range seems to be $1,200 for new/old stock in box to $800 ish for basic used/no box. $1,000 $900 + $40 shipping CONUS seems more than fair considering the accessory and condition. I will include a pair of blued Leupold extension rings--the extension really helps with scope mounting given the long action. USPS Postal Money Order or personal check. I reserve the right to wait for checks to fully clear.

I don't have a ton of posts here but have been a member for a long time. You'll see me as Huskerhunter on several other forums (rimfirecentral and predatormasters especially) where I have excellent feedback.

Thanks for looking. Rifle is cross posted to other forums.

A bolt full in box.jpg

abolt buttstock.jpgAbolt box end.jpgA bolt boss brake.jpga bolt bore 1.jpgA bolt bolt underside.jpgA bolt bolt face.jpgA bolt barrel profile.jpgA bolt action.jpg

Attachments

• a bolt bore  throat1.jpg
    a bolt bore throat1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Grab it now before it goes off to GB. I have lots of once fired brass I'll throw in. Dies also available to buyer for a fair price.

Good buy on a 338. Dad has one in 30-06 and it's a great rifle. The boss system actually works well. GLWS

Good buy on a 338. Dad has one in 30-06 and it's a great rifle. The boss system actually works well. GLWS

Thanks, the BOSS system does indeed work. And having the non-ported option is great if you want to save your ears. It doesn't have the current tacticool look but you won't find a better lightweight elk rifle if you're on a budget. I've been slow to get it over on to Gunbroker, so it's still here for now.