Browning 7 Twist Creedmoor bullets

I have good results with 140 gr VLD in front of IMR4451 Fed 210 primers, light bullets were not liked by my Browning A-bolt II long range hunter

Yep. The 1:7 is for the heavier bullets. I have the HCLR in 6.5 it is a 1:7 (realized this after I got it home) although mine seems to shoot anything above 120gr very well. I developed a reload using Barnes 127gr lrx that shoots great, BUT I have had the best results from this gun with the factory ammo over 140gr - mine puts 10 shots under 3/4" although it wasn't until I'd put 50-60 rounds through it that I really saw that accuracy appear. At first I though poorly of the thing. DONT GIVE UP!!!

What whitetail type hunting bullets are you guys using with the X Bolt 1-7 twist? I'm having a hard time getting the Berger 135 Classic Hunters to shoot well in mine? Any particular loads with that bullet? What bullets are shooting good in yours?
Why not try a JLK in any of three flavors of 6.5 mm. Swampy makes a 130, 135, and 140 grain. I think they are more consistent and 135 gr. shoot great to 2950 fps or better with RL-26. You should have better SD as it may prove to be a great load at typical 95 to 100% fill.

Last edited:
Great to be an American! As a Canadian...that's 88.00 a box here! We pay 4.25 per case for Lapua brass
I think 6.5 Creedmoor Lapua brass are only $113 per hundred here in the States. That is not a bad price for a case that can be reloaded more than a dozen times, with ease.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.