Browning 7 Twist Creedmoor bullets

foul bore

I have good results with 140 gr VLD in front of IMR4451 Fed 210 primers, light bullets were not liked by my Browning A-bolt II long range hunter

Ga6570

Yep. The 1:7 is for the heavier bullets. I have the HCLR in 6.5 it is a 1:7 (realized this after I got it home) although mine seems to shoot anything above 120gr very well. I developed a reload using Barnes 127gr lrx that shoots great, BUT I have had the best results from this gun with the factory ammo over 140gr - mine puts 10 shots under 3/4” although it wasn’t until I’d put 50-60 rounds through it that I really saw that accuracy appear. At first I though poorly of the thing. DONT GIVE UP!!!

Michael O'Connor

What whitetail type hunting bullets are you guys using with the X Bolt 1-7 twist? I'm having a hard time getting the Berger 135 Classic Hunters to shoot well in mine? Any particular loads with that bullet? What bullets are shooting good in yours?
Why not try a JLK in any of three flavors of 6.5 mm. Swampy makes a 130, 135, and 140 grain. I think they are more consistent and 135 gr. shoot great to 2950 fps or better with RL-26. You should have better SD as it may prove to be a great load at typical 95 to 100% fill.

Last edited:

Michael O'Connor

Great to be an American! As a Canadian...that's 88.00 a box here! We pay 4.25 per case for Lapua brass
I think 6.5 Creedmoor Lapua brass are only $113 per hundred here in the States. That is not a bad price for a case that can be reloaded more than a dozen times, with ease.

Michael O'Connor

My 8 twist tikka shoots 147 ELDs pretty dang well with 4350 and 210Ms.
RL-23 may be a better powder, as it isn't temperature sensitive and has anti-copper fouling properties. I have heard that H-4350 also torches the barrel more than other powders in a 6.5 too

Csafisher

RL-23 may be a better powder, as it isn't temperature sensitive and has anti-copper fouling properties. I have heard that H-4350 also torches the barrel more than other powders in a 6.5 too
Been wanting to try rl26 if I could find some.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce