browning 270wsm

Sheephuntr

Live in a small town south of Boise Idaho called M
What is your guys experience with the brownings in 270wsm? I fondled the hells canyon and the hells canyon long range today at cabelas an I really like the feel of them. The only rifle that I felt that compared to them was a Christensen. But I didn't see the 270 was. Im looking at getting something along those lines an would like some first hand experience. I won't shoot at game past 500 yards but I'll play with steel out there a ways. Any info you'd be willing to part with would be appreciated!

The HC in 270 wsm should shoot. I've had numerous wsm's in Abolts and every one shot well. I have only one xbolt but it is a 26N, and the xbolt shoots well too. I have read nothing but good about the HC line.

The HC in 270 wsm should shoot. I've had numerous wsm's in Abolts and every one shot well. I have only one xbolt but it is a 26N, and the xbolt shoots well too. I have read nothing but good about the HC line.
I've only handled one Abolt before an it was in 300wsm. I can't really remember what it felt like, seems the stock was a little thicker than the Xbolts?

My son has been using an A-bolt in 270WSM for years and loves it. It has always been accurate and dependable. He now has a HC speed in 300WSM with the regular stock but he hasn't shot it yet. It is a nice looking rifle, very light and with the muzzle brake I don't expect it to kick very bad. The HC long range should be a good rifle too it just weighs 1 pound more than the speed. You also have the option of the HC with McMillan stock but that jumps the price up about another 7-$800.

My son has been using an A-bolt in 270WSM for years and loves it. It has always been accurate and dependable. He now has a HC speed in 300WSM with the regular stock but he hasn't shot it yet. It is a nice looking rifle, very light and with the muzzle brake I don't expect it to kick very bad. The HC long range should be a good rifle too it just weighs 1 pound more than the speed. You also have the option of the HC with McMillan stock but that jumps the price up about another 7-$800.
The McMillan is a perty sexy rifle! Little over my price range though unfortunately.

I've had a 270 wsm x-bolt for maybe 8 years - really like the rifle. I've looked at the hells canyon a few times ... really like it. I'm not a big fan of muzzle break, but you can cap it if you don't want to use it.

I lucked into a Winchester model 70 in 270 WSM about 6 years ago that shot extremely well. I restocked it and put a good set of optics on it and it is now my go to deer and Elk rifle. So just pointing out that a guy doesn't have to spend thousands of $$ sometimes to get a shooter. I shot a cow Elk lying down at 420 yards with a 140 grain accubond and she never moved. The 270 WSM is a great cartridge.

I bought a Winchester model 70 extreme 270wsm last summer . I changed the trigger (although the factory trigger was pretty good) did a proper barrel break in . The gun shoots .5 moa with cheap remmy ammo and Nosler accubond 140 The last three Winchester I bought shot .217,.50 &. .50

What is your guys experience with the brownings in 270wsm? I fondled the hells canyon and the hells canyon long range today at cabelas an I really like the feel of them. The only rifle that I felt that compared to them was a Christensen. But I didn't see the 270 was. Im looking at getting something along those lines an would like some first hand experience. I won't shoot at game past 500 yards but I'll play with steel out there a ways. Any info you'd be willing to part with would be appreciated!
I have a 270 WSM in a Kimber Montana. It is very accurate with 129 gr Barnes LRX Bullets, 1/2" @ 100 yards. I get 3198 FPS with Reloader 22. It dropped my Ram at 442 yards in his tracks. I love the Cartridge but just bought a 30 Nosler for my Arizona Early Rifle Bull Hunt in September as I want a Bigger Hammer for our Monster Elk. I don't have experience with the Browning as I try to keep my $ here in America. You might also look at a Kimber Mountain Ascent. My wife has one in 7mm08 that is an absolute tack driver and weighs 4 lbs 13 ozs, or about 6 1/4 pounds fully outfitted with a MUZZEL BREAK, sling, scope, mounts and ammo! It is available in the 270 WSM. But either way, I think you'll be happy with the Cartridge

I have a 270 WSM in a Kimber Montana. It is very accurate with 129 gr Barnes LRX Bullets, 1/2" @ 100 yards. I get 3198 FPS with Reloader 22. It dropped my Ram at 442 yards in his tracks. I love the Cartridge but just bought a 30 Nosler for my Arizona Early Rifle Bull Hunt in September as I want a Bigger Hammer for our Monster Elk. I don't have experience with the Browning as I try to keep my $ here in America. You might also look at a Kimber Mountain Ascent. My wife has one in 7mm08 that is an absolute tack driver and weighs 4 lbs 13 ozs, or about 6 1/4 pounds fully outfitted with a MUZZEL BREAK, sling, scope, mounts and ammo! It is available in the 270 WSM. But either way, I think you'll be happy with the Cartridge
My buddy has the number Montana in a 280ai, I wouldn't think twice about buying one! I packed his gun many miles on my sheep hunt two years ago!

I own an abolt in 270 WSM...Eclipse M1000...26" heavy barrel...shoots like a dream... I've been reloading for less than 2 yrs... found a load day 1 for this gun... shoots 1/2 MOA to 500 all day long and 1/2 MOA to 800 pretty regularly (and I'm not a very good shooter)- I shoot 140 gr Accubonds at 3140- love this gun!! $900 off the shelf!!

The thing about a 270 to me is there are better bullet offerings in both 6.5 and 7MM. Now, that only matters if you hand load. I am a fan of WSMs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.