Brown santa stopped by....3000bdx

catorres1

Lookie what brown santa just brought me....man, I can't wait to get these out and give them a run. A little preliminary low light testing will be on order tonight...

catorres, I look forward to your results. Real world data on these has been a long time coming for many of us! I'm curious as to how far out they will reach on steel, game, etc.

I did some preliminary stuff today. Upsides, hit the small corner of a house at 3693 repeatedly under full sun. Later, towards sunset, reached out to 3712 on another house. Actually ranged a plane flying over at 3253! Pretty impressed from that perspective. Got a lot more things that I need to look into, so it will be a while. But am hopeful!

Supposed to, but I have not had the courage to unscrew the cap to see if it is really there. Doc from Applied Ballistics said there was, but the manual does not mention it. Mine is a demo, so it's an early model...so it may differ from production models. But I'll check...

Edit: Yep, it appears to. Front cover unscrews and is threaded for what I assume is a standard stud.

That's an awesome price! Hope to get mine out through a course on Friday to get some testing on steel etc. Already used the 2400 and scope together hunting, but want to dig in on the details, the course will let me do that. Hoping for the best!

Do these have a ballistic program built in? I'm not familiar with these. That range capability sounds pretty great. I'd be interested in the glass quality

Do these have a ballistic program built in? I'm not familiar with these. That range capability sounds pretty great. I'd be interested in the glass quality
Boman,

These are essentially the same as a 2400 bdx implemented into a bino. I've got a review on the 2400 on here for more details, but in short(ish):

Standalone: Ballistic returns via AB ultralite to 800 yards. However, no environmentals onboard, so data has to be loaded via bluetooth phone connection (live connection for constant updates, or enter your data and run with it if not cell signal).
ABU does not consider coriolis, spin drift etc., so solution is limited to 800 yards, but your custom curve is what is used for calculations.

Connected to Kestrel with AB or Foretrex: Bluetooth connection to these devices automatically offloads distance and shot angle to Kestrel or Foretrex where AB does a complete calculation (though you must set DOF manually), and then it returns the solution to the RF where it is displayed.

Can also connect to BDX scopes, where the solution (calculated by RF alone, or with Kestrel) is used to illuminate the proper hold for your shot.

Very fast system, so far has been very stable in use (used full system on an Aoudad hunt in January and it worked perfect), but still have a lot of testing to do with the complete integration.

Glass quality on the binos...obviously one should not expect Alpha glass in a $1200 bino/rf combo...but the glass is better than I expected. Probably in the Viper class. I only have Zeiss FL's to compare against, which is obviously unfair. Where you really notice the difference is way out there, where the image on alpha glass just holds up better. At the end of the day, you get a few more minutes of hunting light as well, and mirage is not as noticeable on my FL's either. But again, for the price, as a package, I am so far impressed. If you look up reviews on Zulu 5 binos, they are supposed to have about the same level of glass.

That's an awesome price! Hope to get mine out through a course on Friday to get some testing on steel etc. Already used the 2400 and scope together hunting, but want to dig in on the details, the course will let me do that. Hoping for the best!

I was pretty happy with that deal! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them in a few days!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.