Brown Bear Shock Hammer

I just got from hunting the Alaskan Peninsula down near Nelson Lagoon . Had a great hunt shot this 9/5 boar on second day of hunt . I used my 375 H&H with 275 gr shock hammers running 2700 FPS . One shot behind leg 150yards destroyed him breaking offside shoulder an leaving 50 cent size hole in opposite leg . Bear did 360 spin maybe lived 10seconds . Wish I had took some better pictures of the wounds for you guys but the moment got the best of me.View attachment 367812
Nice job..... He sure is a BIG mother scratcher.

Congratulations
I am on plane now headed home after the guide season on the peninsula. Some wild weather this year and a late spring made things tough for sure. You were farther south on the peninsula than us so maybe the weather wasn't as bad?
Anyways glad you had a great and successful trip and the Hammers did the job

You know the wind blew pretty much everyday which I was planning on . The weird thing was I saw rain on May9th an again few days later but was fairly dry . I was thinking the rain game would be pretty consistent. Have safe travels stay safe

I just got from hunting the Alaskan Peninsula down near Nelson Lagoon . Had a great hunt shot this 9/5 boar on second day of hunt . I used my 375 H&H with 275 gr shock hammers running 2700 FPS . One shot behind leg 150yards destroyed him breaking offside shoulder an leaving 50 cent size hole in opposite leg . Bear did 360 spin maybe lived 10seconds . Wish I had took some better pictures of the wounds for you guys but the moment got the best of me.View attachment 367812
WOW ! fabulous brown, great story, Congratulations !