Browing X-Bolt Max Long Range 6.5 PRC vs Tikka T3X CTR Adjustable

Tom Smonelli

I currently have a Tikka T3X Lite SS in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the action and trigger right out of the box. That said I am now shopping for something with an adjustable comb and a better chassis but don't want the skeleton or tactical look or feel. I am debating between the new X-bolt Max or should I wait to see if Tikka is going to offer the 6.5 PRC in the CTR adjustable in the US. Most of the rifle's use will be at the range shooting 100 thru 600 yds with an occasional 1000 yd.

I'd put a new stock on your Tikka they have one of the best factory actions on the market
I recently built my 6 creed match rifle on a T3 action and used the KRG Bravo Chassis
It's affordable and performs really well, the comb adjustment is pretty nice.
IMG_20190617_193530401.jpg

I have gone ahead and ordered the X-Bolt Max Long Range in 6.5 PRC. I'm going to install an adjustable cheek piece on the Tikka to see if that helps since I had trouble finding a chassis that will fit the Tikka light ss barrel without doing a custom or having a gap. I really did want to put a Bravo chassis on it but when I called KRG they indicated that due to the tapered style barrel there would be a gap on the sides. Still would love to find a solution for the Tikka other than just adding a cheek piece to the factory stock.

Rebarrel the tikka with a proof research prefit Barrel. You can do it yourself. Add the kgr chassis and you will have a nice custom rifle. You will love the browning too. I love both my xbolt long range max. Just put the mcarbo spring in the trigger. It took mine to 1.6lb trigger pull from a 3.75