Broken Shell Extractor Tool- Case Head Separation

Veteran

I just ordered 2 of these tools to have on hand at the range or hunting. One for .338 LM and one for .300 Win Mag.

They are about $30 each from UTG (UPacific Tool and Guage)

pacifictoolandgauge.com

I would call them and talk to them by phone if you don't see your caliber.

Phone is (541) 826 - 5808, or email at [email protected]

I believe these are substantially similar to the ECHO brand that is sold through Brownell's but only in .223 and .308 now.

The Echo brand all sorts of sizes but really only needed one. The Echo's I have allow you to unscrew the case body from the extractor. The extractor can be screwed into a Dewey rod, insert into case until extractor snaps over case mouth and pull out with the cleaning rod. I have done this far too many times at range for guys that have case head separation. Kind of funny to hear them complain on how much its gonna cost to remove and I do it couple seconds. The dumbfounded look is priceless!

The Echo brand all sorts of sizes but really only needed one. The Echo's I have allow you to unscrew the case body from the extractor. The extractor can be screwed into a Dewey rod, insert into case until extractor snaps over case mouth and pull out with the cleaning rod. I have done this far too many times at range for guys that have case head separation. Kind of funny to hear them complain on how much its gonna cost to remove and I do it couple seconds. The dumbfounded look is priceless!
A bronze brush, i size over caliber pushed in from the reciever end into the neck of the separated case will not reverse the bristle direction and easily pull the case backwards.