BROKE MY SHOULDER

If you can take tylenol, take that and not aspirin, ibuprofen or any of the NSAIDs. They will slow the healing process. Sorry to here your going thru this. Take your time and let it heal properly. Last thing you want is for it to remind you year after year.

I go to exercise at the local Hospital Gym 5 days a week, it is the same gym that hospital physical therapy is conducted. I see all kinds of injury's heal well with physical therapy. Even had a shoulder fix myself. It may be painful at times but it will get you going better than any other therapy. I wish you the very best and a raped recovery.

I hope you have a full recovery and are back to normal as soon as you can. I'm on the mend right now too. No 2021 season for me, but hopefully 2022 treats us well. Good luck.

Sorry that happened to you. Take time coming back as others have said. Do full PT it actually does make it faster coming back. Don't be afraid to ask for help that is my personal biggest struggle. The hunting and outdoor community is made up of lots of great people willing to help. Keep pushing and keep your chin up it will get better.

In 2008 I got injured in Iraq. I spent just over 9 months in the hospital and another 8 months in rehab hospital. Thought I would never be able to do much of anything. I'm still getting better and better its a slow process. I still try to hunt I'm a lot slower then I used to be. I have to have help getting a deer out. I used to hunt 3-4 states every year now its 3-4 days in state but I could careless I'm still trying, and its amazing how much you appreciate things you used to take for granted. I spend hours and hours now reloading, working on rifle projects and going to the range shooting. I still get after them coyotes though. Thank goodness for farm/ranch/summer roads, 4wd's, ATV's and long range rifles (coyotes do not like my 22 Creedmoor at all) :)

Jim, you and I have a similar head of hair color so I feel your pain somewhat.....only somewhat tho.

Pardon the mirth but:
S**t happens..........
Other than the broken shoulder I hope, wait for it....... that everything came out right??
And lastly old son......yours is a 'crappy" saga!

LOL
Get well soon, Ira, soon! Don't let 'em see ya sweat.

I will be grounded for this season, broke my back in June and still not like new, but the Doc says man you are over 80 what do you expect.... In my mind Iam still 40, that's how you keep getting hurt.. Can't slow down now.. That say old people just fall down a lot.

I know how all these means when the unexpected pops up. A couple of months ago I under went a back surgery anticipating little complications. Well, that didn't happen. I am almost having to learn to walk again because of the severe limp, neuropathy and a condition called Footdrop. It sure has messed up my hunting season meaning all my trips this year have been cancelled, however giving me something to work on for next year. Hang in there brother.
No....back surgeries are no day at the beach! Had 3.

No connection, it was as un-glorious as falling off the toilet while taking a crap, being late at night and not paying attention to what i was doing, All my fault.
It's always the silly stuff that gets you! Good luck and keep up your spirits, you'll be shooting again soon. Fo now stay focused on healing but don't overdo it! 👍🏻👍🏻

No need to cover up Brother....you can break the silence and break the chain of violence too.......lol? Serious topic for a different forum. Speedy recovery

I feel for you more than I can say , I fell from a ladder Friday and broke my shoulder and hip as well. Sitting in a wheel chair now and first thing I ask the surgeon was when can I start shooting again. It's not going to be for awhile so I'm goi g to be living vicariously through the group .