BROKE MY SHOULDER

I am praying for healing-a quick recovery. May the Lord's healing hand be upon you. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope that you continue to post while you are healing.

Been there done that... Rolled my 4wheeler last year (thanks to my Dog...) and separated the AC joint in my shoulder pretty badly. Had surgery to repair it a few days later. All this just a few days before deer season opened... I was told no shooting for a year. Well... Luckily I healed up well and pretty quickly and started shooting light stuff a wee bit early. haha About the 6 month mark I was back to shooting the heavy stuff. I probably have youth on my side to account for the rapid recovery though. It did give me some extra time at the reloading press, though one handed and left handed...

Best of luck to your recovery!

Ok, heres the rest of the story, Three big bruisers (for trophy specs, they were 300 pouds each) were haressing a beautiful princess in a dark ally and i interviened and made a citizens arrest of all three, But before putting the last one down, he hit me on the sholder with a baseball bat, Really,,,,,
I read that.......there were 3 big potholes in my walkway. Big potholes that could hold 3 gallons of water , EACH! It was dark out and my cat had snuck outside. I went out to get her before bedtime , 8pm, and couldn't see the pothole on account of my poor night vision. Well , I made it past the first pothole ok, but the second one caught my slipper, it rolled under in the front ( fellow slipper wearers will know what I mean) and sent me head , or shoulder first, into the last pothole. The cat licked me on the face as she walked back inside.
Close ?

Last edited:
Stinks man, sorry to hear. Maybe learn to shoot left handed? No, no, I'm kidding! The 50 will be there when you're better. Take care of yourself!

Very sorry to hear of your shoulder injury. It never hurts to get a second medical opinion. If surgery is recommended, look forward a highly regarded shoulder surgeon. If surgery isn't required and physical therapy required, be diligent.
In March of 2020, I had extensive shoulder surgery and didn't shoot in 2020. Today I'm back at PT and will shoot left handed this year.
In summary, the extent of the shoulder damage is critical. Some athletes recover in 6 weeks, while others face a much longer recovery.
Take care of your shoulder ala light duty, heat, ice, massage or compound topical cream.
Take diligent care. May God bless your recovery.

Really sorry man. I hope you recover fully and able to get after that 50 again.
Wont be shooting ANYTHING real soon. Fell and broke my shoulder last night. i dont think the 50 BMG would help my recovery
Got a buddy that broke his during dove season, as he slipped off the truck tailgate going back to camp.

Lent him my Bull barreled AR 15, I had loaded up some 77 sierras. He took a white tail four weeks later. He said he did not fell a thing.

Wont be shooting ANYTHING real soon. Fell and broke my shoulder last night. i dont think the 50 BMG would help my recovery
Sorry to hear, hope you have a speedy recovery. You could use this time to teach someone how to shoot. Just a thought. Get better soon.

Jim who says you won't be shooting soon? Get a high end Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) Adult Airgun from a company like this one:

They will keep you behind the sights and avoid the rust and withdrawal issues. Do NOT get a Break Barrel magnum they KICK as do most of the Big Bore Airguns. You can still get to read the wind if outside and the scale will help you stay in the long range game. You owe it to yourself to not be off the game to at least check out what is possible.

Wishing you a quick and full recovery.

What's wrong with shooting left handed?
Nothing, I just think he'd be better off fully healing before shooting the 50. It moves the whole body, not just one shoulder. Something lighter like a 243? Probably perfectly fine, but that'd have to be a decision between him and his doctor.

The Golden Years, Gets you every time. I've have replaced 2 shoulder, and one knee. All the things you have done in your younger years has a way of catching up with you. There nothing like going to war either. It fix you right up. Little do you what it has done to you until later on in life.
Sorry to hear about the shoulder, and get well quick.