BROKE MY SHOULDER

Nah...we need the "rest of the story"....
And besides that...if you can only shoot from one side of the rifle...thats not good...if you were struggling for food..would you not get out there anyways.....
What do you consider broken...hell..my right shoulder was hanging by threads..basically the entire labrum holding my shoulder bones together ripped apart...i still worked construction and rowed people on guided river trips for 2 years..couldnt reach up to push button for radio in the truck....but I kept going....had every therapy session..even electric shock to keep muscles up......and started shooting my new Mathews Black Max for therapy.....the right shoulder is stronger than the left which has a torn biceps head......thats been 18 years......get your butt in gear and get out there with a small caliber rifle...call a buddy to haul your carcus out..........man...what a lame excuse.......
My brother left hospital after open surgery of a knee...hunting next day...got him out of the truck and he shot a buck that morning...right thru the face and the arrow extended out the back of the head...he laughed the whole time I was draggin' his buck up that hillside........

Last edited:
Ok, heres the rest of the story, Three big bruisers (for trophy specs, they were 300 pouds each) were haressing a beautiful princess in a dark ally and i interviened and made a citizens arrest of all three, But before putting the last one down, he hit me on the sholder with a baseball bat, Really,,,,,

The shoulder is a real PITA to heal properly so like others have stated, do what the Doc says and follow PT to the T. Few months extra to heal properly is a heck of a lot better than dealing with complications that just wreak havoc in your life. I pushed a shoulder repair too hard in PT and had about 6 week setback in getting it back right. I look at heal up no different than building a rifle...no shortcuts or disaster is waiting!

Hope "she was worth it"! ;)😂

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, but people who say stay in the game, even if your not behind the rifle are rite! My most memorable hunt was taking a youngster out and watching him shoot his first buck, made me feel better then if I had shot it, Do everything PT that you are asked to do, and do not push the recovery, it will just take time, but better done once and not set back and have to do it all over from scratch.

No connection, it was as un-glorious as falling off the toilet while taking a crap, being late at night and not paying attention to what i was doing, All my fault.
Sorry about your injuries and hope you heal soon. Last time I broke my should I did it fishing, so I told everyone that asked how I did it I told them it was bull riding and got thrown off , it was more interesting than fishing.