BROKE MY SHOULDER

Sorry to hear. It's easy to say "count your blessings", but you're the one hurting and missing out. Wish you a rapid and full recovery so you can enjoy the blessings of restored health. Focus on the good around you and on making what's not good, better. Every experience brings opportunity for good in some way if we look for it.

BTW, your signature slogan...does that have anything to do with your injury? 😉🧗‍♂️😎

No connection, it was as un-glorious as falling off the toilet while taking a crap, being late at night and not paying attention to what i was doing, All my fault.
More like sitting on the edge then. You're still "edging" it. Ride the healing curve and at the other end you'll discover joys in things you used to take for granted that you didn't know were there.

I know how all these means when the unexpected pops up. A couple of months ago I under went a back surgery anticipating little complications. Well, that didn't happen. I am almost having to learn to walk again because of the severe limp, neuropathy and a condition called Footdrop. It sure has messed up my hunting season meaning all my trips this year have been cancelled, however giving me something to work on for next year. Hang in there brother.

Hey there...I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Something always happens when you least expect it. Don't let that stop you from getting out and enjoying the fall and the hunting season.
A few years back I had a late muzzleloader trip planned with two of my best friends. I had bought this tract of property in Iowa and they had never hunted the Midwest...we live in Va. The trip was around Jan 2-8. I went out right before Xmas to get everything lined up. The late season had just started and I decided to hop in the blind the evening before I left. Well of course this great buck comes in and gives me a layup...and I took it. I was happy but my only tag was history.
On the Jan trip I sat in the enclosed blinds with one of my buddies and tried to film...I alternated and got to spend a lot of time doing what I love.
During one of the sits, one of our target bucks comes into the field with well over an hour of shooting light left. He must have taken a full hour to slowly feed into muzzleloader range. In all my years of hunting, I've never been as nervous and shaky as I was that day. At one point my buddy turns and tells me that I have to get it together and stop shaking....I was making the blind move.
Finally he was in range and he took the shot, and we watched the buck fall. That experience is one I'll never forget and after 30 years of shooting countless whitetails, and some really big ones, that one stands out.
So you can still get in the game and feel the same emotions, even if you're not the one behind the rifle.
Best of luck....and do what your physical therapist tells u....you'll be back in the saddle in no time.