Briley Muzzle Breaks

Dogman-1

I’m considering getting a barrel threaded and installing a muzzle break. Briley installed thin-wall chokes in 4 of my Winchester Model 12s and found their work to be excellent. Since they are located near me and I can drop of and pickup, they are a very attractive choice but I know nothing about their muzzle breaks.

Any feedback on their breaks would be appreciated.

Many thanks

WildBillG

My suggestion would be to stop by their shop and take a look at their brakes. What are you wanting a brake to do will help you decide if their brakes suit your need. If all you want is a reduction of recoilany style brake will work. If you want recoil reduction and no muzzle jump your needs change. For the second option you will want a brake vented out the sdes angled back some. It will help if these vents carry over the top of the brake a little. The brake should not be made to thin like it is made of paper so to speak. Hope this helps.

MagnumManiac

Dogman-1,
Where are you located?
I live near the shop that makes Briley Australia products, but have never seen their brakes.
Do you have a link?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Dogman-1

My suggestion would be to stop by their shop and take a look at their brakes. What are you wanting a brake to do will help you decide if their brakes suit your need. If all you want is a reduction of recoilany style brake will work. If you want recoil reduction and no muzzle jump your needs change. For the second option you will want a brake vented out the sdes angled back some. It will help if these vents carry over the top of the brake a little. The brake should not be made to thin like it is made of paper so to speak. Hope this helps.
Many thanks for the reply. I agree, I need to visit them and see the break in person.

Dogman-1

Dogman-1,
Where are you located?
I live near the shop that makes Briley Australia products, but have never seen their brakes.
Do you have a link?

Cheers.
I’m located in SE Texas, about 30 miles sw of their facility. Here is the link.

Txcowboy50

LRH Team Member
If you get a briley muzel brake let us know how it preformed. I am thinking about getting one for my 7mm rem mag.

Txcowboy50

LRH Team Member
I am pulling the trigger and taking my Weatherby 7mm mag to Briley's tomorrow. I talk to the gunsmith and he said the turnaround is 4 to 6 weeks. I am having them but on the contoured so as to match the barrel. $265. Should reduce recoil 30-40%. I know there are better ones but this is convenient and I don't have to mail my rifle. Will let everyone know how it goes

Txcowboy50

LRH Team Member
I dropped it off....I did not get the threads specs. They did say the contoured option would fit smoothly with my barrel. I am not planning on putting a can on this rifle. But I will find out and post the thread specs and how it performs when it is finished,