Breakfast Sausage

Freebore

I use to have my breakfast sausage made for me giving the venison and seasoning mix to my butcher then I found this on the web tried it. This is my go to Breakfast Sausage recipe now, the wife even really likes it;

1 pound ground venison
8 ounces bacon, minced
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon onion salt
(crushed red pepper flakes or
jalapeno for some added kick
to tastes)

Directions

Combine the venison, bacon, sage, ginger, pepper, and onion salt in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into 12 patties using about 1/4 cup of mixture per patty. Patties can either be pan-fried or frozen for later use.

Footnotes

If you would like to start with a venison roast and grind it yourself, just cut the venison and bacon into chunks, then toss together with the seasonings before grinding and forming into patties. This is what I do.

I use to have my breakfast sausage made for me giving the venison and seasoning mix to my butcher then I found this on the web tried it. This is my go to Breakfast Sausage recipe now, the wife even really likes it;

1 pound ground venison
8 ounces bacon, minced
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon onion salt
(crushed red pepper flakes or
jalapeno for some added kick
to tastes)

Directions

Combine the venison, bacon, sage, ginger, pepper, and onion salt in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into 12 patties using about 1/4 cup of mixture per patty. Patties can either be pan-fried or frozen for later use.

Footnotes

If you would like to start with a venison roast and grind it yourself, just cut the venison and bacon into chunks, then toss together with the seasonings before grinding and forming into patties. This is what I do.
I know this is an older thread but as a sausage maker I like your recipe for BreatFast Sausage and will try it soon.
Thanks