Brass Weight Help

bigbulls

I've worked up a good load for my 6.5 creedmoor and the brass that I've been using weights approximately 149 grains +or- . I was thinking about picking up some high quality US made brass but it weights in + or - 169 grains, what will this increase in brass weight do to my pet load?

While you could probably assume a significant weight difference will affect a given load, brass weight itself will not resolve that difference. Yes, you can hypothetically convert brass weight to water weight to powder weight, but the brass can be in areas of the case that makes more or less difference to relative capacity(that affecting pressure).

The only way to actually know the capacity difference is to fire form the brass in your chamber, size it as you will, and measure the H20 capacity. But by then, a chronograph would directly tell you what difference it made.
With new load development, you might end up with a different powder or seating and end up right back where you were with prior brass. Or, better, or worse.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.