Brass undersized by .020” :(

Mram10us

So I pulled out a box of 50, once fired brass that I had acquire. I prepped per normal but realized the shoulder was pushed back .020" based on a comparator. Never had a shoulder back that far, so here are my options.
1. throw away
2. fire form with a light load and crap bullet
3. make a fire form barrel stub and use pistol powder
Leaning toward #3, but don't want to use up barrel life on #2 or throw away the brass
Here is the question. How much do you think the .020" will affect the life of the brass? And, what would you do to get them back to size?
Thanks

It's a 338, your not going to notice 50 rounds of a light jambed bullet load in the barrel life!!! Fire it to the chamber it'll live in!
Light bullet? I only have 270, 285 and 300s. Guess I can throw some Hornady 285 bthp thru it.
Think it will hurt the life of the brass? Guessing not since primer pockets always fail first.

Well, I have 25 pieces of 3x fired Starline brass that I bumped .015 too far. I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a while to get the memo on shoulder bumping (I did get the memo on the TPS reports, however). Anyway, I've got these bumped to 1.565 and they should be at 1.580. I blame RCBS. They tell me to Cam-over and that's what I've been doing until LRH set me straight. It doesn't matter. The shame is almost too much to bear.

Anyway, I figure I'll load them up anyway. It's a .308 with a moderate load anyway so what's the worst that can happen? A little bit of lost brass life? I'll bump them proper next cycle.

Well, I have 25 pieces of 3x fired Starline brass that I bumped .015 too far. I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a while to get the memo on shoulder bumping (I did get the memo on the TPS reports, however). Anyway, I've got these bumped to 1.565 and they should be at 1.580. I blame RCBS. They tell me to Cam-over and that's what I've been doing until LRH set me straight. It doesn't matter. The shame is almost too much to bear.

Anyway, I figure I'll load them up anyway. It's a .308 with a moderate load anyway so what's the worst that can happen? A little bit of lost brass life? I'll bump them proper next cycle.
Ha. I won't even list the mistakes I've made.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.