Brass stuck in the chamber

Maybe a slightly oversize brush into the chamber end until there are bristles in the throat area. If the bristles are stiff enough they will grab the case by the mouth and pull it out. I've had success doing this with neck separations.
I have had this happen in the past. You may not like it ,but it works. You have take a starting threading tap and tap into the case. You will only need a few thread to hold on to the case. Once you are thread into the case ,you can take a cleaning rod and force out the case. The oversize cleaning brush and / or bore snake works some times too. Good Luck. I think you need to inspect the belt area on our cases as they are splitting.

***? I am not a 300 Weatherby guy, but it is concerning how many of you have broken off case heads. Is this a common occurrence with this cartridge? How many times had you fired the brass?

Yikes.

It is not the fault of the cartridge or the rifle. It is normally the sizing issue that works the web (Just in front of the belt) of the case to much. Many people like to full length size belted cases not realizing that belted cases are designed to head space properly with a very loose fit on the rest of the case for ease of chambering during dangerous times or follow up shots in dirty chambers.

On belted cases it is not necessary to full length size unless you want to. This only shortens case life. Sizing only enough to allow chambering will greatly increase case life and with good case inspection prevent case head separation at the worst time.

J E CUSTOM

There is some companies that make stuck case removers. Check on web. Brownell's list them in 223 rem. and 308 Win.
Years ago a friend I used to shoot with had a Shultz and Larson rifle with back lugs on the bolt like a 788 Rem. action, Chambered in 7 X 61 Sharp and Hart. He carried a stuck case remover with the gun shooting and hunting. He talked about putting a pocket on the sling to put it in, So it was with the rifle all the time. He said, "After 3 loadings it was a crap shoot if the case came out in one piece".

Sounds like an ammunition problem to me. Brass that's too thin and is expanding into the chamber kinda like fire forming rifle brass? Look at stuck brass for signs of over pressure. Compare brass thickness to other spent rounds that did not get stuck.

Super easy, take a 12 ga brush, run it up from the back side to the neck. push the brush so it's in the throat. Then give it a good hard pull backward. The brush will pull the brass out.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.