Brass reloading question

live2huntelk

I have 3x fired 300 WM Winchester brass that I have loaded and fired in my Remington 700 Sendero SFII. I use a Redding competition full body die when prepping the brass. I recently purchased a used Rbros 300WM. My question is, should I get unfired Winchester brass and shoot/fire form for the Rbros rifle or can I just use the brass I used in my Sendero. The one thing I would check is the shoulder bump when prepping the brass for the Rbros vs the Sendero. Is there other considerations/concerns of using brass fired in a different rifle?

Remmy700

I would think as long as the reamer used for your new build is a no turn Neck u should be fine. I would throw a piece of your brass in it and feel how the bolt closes. Depending on chamber dimension differences u will either be fine and just fire your current brass basically fire forming it to the new rifle or B u won’t be able to close the bolt on your current brass and will have to bump shoulder back a little at a time until bolt closes to your desired pressure

ShtrRdy

I have two 300 win mags. One I use for hunting and one I use for long range shooting. I keep separate brass for the two different loads.

dok7mm

I would get separate set of brass. I'm really liking the ADG 300wm brass. Very high quality and I paid $60 per hundred. My lot had .014" neck thickness, all around and had only 2.5 gr difference, from lightest to heaviest on 200 cases.

243winxb

There are areas near the case belt that doesnt get sized.

Keep separate brass for the two different rifles.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts