Brass Life

Lazerus

I have done quite a bit of reloading with 270 and 300 Win Mag. I can generally get 7 loadings out of 300 Win Mag RP brass, minimum dimension chamber. I am now primarily shooting a 6.5 284 Norma. I have Nosler brass. I am on my fourth loading, minimum dimension chamber. I am loading max load, (my gun seems to like that). I am pretty sure this will get more loads in it than a 300 Win Mag, but I doubt it will get as many loads as 22-250. Any experience anyone has will be appreciated. Side note, when I weighed all the brass, Nosler said there would be no more than a half grain variance in weight, they weren't lying. I only had one piece of brass that went more. I have 40 pieces of Norma brass, and their weights are all over the place. Thanks.

Lazerus

I suspect that you won't get worse brass life. By the way, Nosler brass is made by Norma but it is weight sorted. It is always my first choice if available. The only issue is if you buy multiple boxes you can get different weight sorts. Not really a problem since all within the box will match.

I am currently on my tenth cycle with my .284 brass without negative indications of any kind. But I anneal every fourth cycle and that will make a difference.
My 6BR Norma brass, the loads for which run hotter overall, do well through about fifteen cycles.

I am currently on my tenth cycle with my .284 brass without negative indications of any kind. But I anneal every fourth cycle and that will make a difference.
My 6BR Norma brass, the loads for which run hotter overall, do well through about fifteen cycles.

almost to a tee, I have 7mmrm fed brass I neck size (Lee collet die),4 times then anneal and FL size. So far I just loaded a bunch for the 9th time without signs of cracking or base sepparation

The brass I use for competition (Lapau) will get 30+ reloads and these are max loads, without annealing. I full length size each time also, the way to get this is minimum resizing just enough to close the bolt and still feel the case without the firing pin installed.

Been shooting my .243 lapua brass @44gr of rl19 neck sizing only . I have reloaded these cases roughly 23 or 25 times.. no sign of stress

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.