Brass for 300 WSM....Norma vs. Nosler vs. Winchester etc?

Edit: never mind, they are out of stock :(
I found 300 wsm brass on bertrambrass.com but I don't know anything about that site and have never used that brand. Anyone have any first hand experience with them?

And by the way, According to Ben, Peterson is not going to be making any WSM brass in the foreseeable future. Still waiting to hear back from ADG, but I'm not holding my breath.
Just got an email from ADG they said "not in the near future" so Norma/Nosler are the best option.

Cody Adams, I have about 100 pieces of 300 WSM (Winchester and Federal head stamps) that I will let you have for a great deal. most are virgin brass some are once fired. IF I can find the box, I have another 200 cases once fired. Also Winchester and Federal. let me know if you would like to buy them.

I have 50 count of 1X fired Nosler 300 WSM brass sitting on my bench. Bought a used Browning A-Bolt in 300 WSM several years ago for a 270 WSM build. First decided to see if original gun was a shooter. Bought some brass and tried some loads. It did OK, but just barely MOA, so pulled the barrel and put the brass in a baggie. If somebody is interested, I would do $100 shipped to your door.

I've used Winchester brass in my 300WSM from the beginning (2000 or so). Was "ok". Not great but not bad either. Holds up to hot loads fine, fairly consistent. I run Nosler Accubond 150's 3350fps no problem! I've always touched up the necks and just loaded them, and accuracy was good 1/2moa or better ES and Sd in the single digits.

I was running low so I bought 3 bags at the local store last year, loaded these and they are all over the place! 3" groups at 100yds. So I tried some of my old Winchester brass 1/2" group as always.
So I started weight sorting and concentric testing and they are terrible!

I don't know if it was a bad batch or what but... the last 3 bag I bought (150) are JUNK! Weight spread is over 20 grains within the same bag, And they are 20-40 grains lighter than my old Winchester brass. Really disappointing!!! These were new brass in thebag.

was buy Norma loaded ammunition since I understand Nosler brass is actually made by Norma. I found it was more cost effective to buy it,
I've used Norma, Nosler and Winchester. Norma and Nosler lasted and shot the best. Looks like Midway has some Norma brass right now. They are out of Nosler but they do have Hornady. The Hornady stuff tends to be softer than others but if you anneal regularly it would likely shoot fine just not last as long.

Cody Adams, I have about 100 pieces of 300 WSM (Winchester and Federal head stamps) that I will let you have for a great deal. most are virgin brass some are once fired. IF I can find the box, I have another 200 cases once fired. Also Winchester and Federal. let me know if you would like to buy them.
I appreciate the offer!! It will be august/september before my Manners stock is done, but when that gets closer I'll keep you in mind.

what are your thoughts on Winchester brass in this cartridge?

The last bag of Winchester brass I bought: 20 had pressure creases in the shoulder/neck junction, seven of those were beyond help, four had split necks. All of this was discovered as they were coming out of the bag to be weighed and sorted. It was the last time I bought Winchester brass in 300 WSM.

Now that Norma discontinued 300WSM .... Everyone needs to contact ADG, and request they start making 300WSM brass.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.