Brass drying rack

JMUPT

I thought I would share the brass drying rack that I use after stainless tumbling my brass. I had a photo in another post and in the background was this rack and I had several people ask what it was. Its called a Boon grass drying rack and I got it from amazon. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032G9E0G/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Its got a couple hundred little plastic fingers that will hold the cases and allow the water to run out. It's in the background of this pic.
20190109_131318.jpg

That Boon rack looks interesting, fer sure. I need to come up with (and then patent) something like this that also has air being pushed up from below to both speed up the exterior of the cases drying plus get some air movement going inside the cases to speed up their drying.

They make the 10x10 grass, and a larger 13x11 lawn. I have several, they work very well as originally intended for kids junk.

The green part of the grass comes out of the white base, so if you want you could turn a box fan sideways and set it up top. If someone were to make a better version using a taller base and a computer case fan or something there might be a market for parents also, because condensation inside bottles takes a while to get out.

Utilizing QT's info, I think the grass removed from the white base and placed over a fan might "do the trick" very well. May just have to give that a try since I'm planning to wet tumble some brass in the next few days…

Last edited:
Before drying, I rinse my brass in very hot water so I think the brass tends to dry quicker than room temperature brass.
I lay my (warm) wet brass on a towel with all the open necks facing in one direction. Place a fan in front of the brass and walk away. A few hours later everything is dry. It may be dry even sooner but I haven't bothered to look.