Brass cleaning question

I don't know if I'll get out fishing for some fall walleye on Canyon Ferry this next two weeks but I will make a trip over to see you at some time the next two weeks.

Thank you!

Jay

I have been handloading magnum rifles since Herter's got me started in 1966.

I recently bought into the stainless steel pins and will not go back. They simply do a better job quickly. Do not over tumble. I find one hour and 40 minutes leaves them shinny and clean. If I leave them in too long the case mouths get burred.

I still use my vibratory tumbler to apply HBN coating to my bullets.

I've been using vibratory tumblers for 16 years but was looking for something better, was never satisfied with the primer pockets and inside not being cleaned. Got an ultrasonic cleaner for Christmas, does a nice job but way too slow for me. Anyway the thread originated with a question about drying so this is my solution for drying brass, I use a rack that was designed for drying baby bottles. So far it works good but heat would make it better, maybe I will try putting it in the oven. But I will definitely be getting a stainless media system in the near future.

Attachments

• 0102141608.jpg
    0102141608.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 51
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.