Brand New Garmin 755T is Not Operating

Forrest Ebert

I bought a New in the Box Garmin 755T in 2018. Due to Covid working and a rotator cup surgery I didn't get to go hunting and use it till this year. I took it out and for the first time pulled the protective cover off the face and couldn't even charge it! I made a call to Garmin and at that time they said they didn't have "Any New models in stock"! So I did the upgrade program and it came to life while being plugged into the wall appearing to be charging? Well it won't charge! So I have a very expensive GPS Unit that's just a paper weight until I can figure out just what the problem is but I don't think I'll ever purchase a Garmin product again!

I bought a New in the Box Garmin 755T in 2018. Due to Covid working and a rotator cup surgery I didn't get to go hunting and use it till this year. I took it out and for the first time pulled the protective cover off the face and couldn't even charge it! I made a call to Garmin and at that time they said they didn't have "Any New models in stock"! So I did the upgrade program and it came to life while being plugged into the wall appearing to be charging? Well it won't charge! So I have a very expensive GPS Unit that's just a paper weight until I can figure out just what the problem is but I don't think I'll ever purchase a Garmin product again!
I am sorry to hear about that. I do not want to assume anything but have you tried Garmin's troubleshooting guide https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/rino750/EN-US/GUID-3DAE3305-3896-4A74-911B-6D30C789AE72.html? Anyway, I had a similar issue with my old Oregon 650T. I am unsure about the 755T, but I slaved AAA batteries as part of my troubleshooting process, and it came on. So, I ordered another battery, for it worked like a champ. I guess the battery went bad and no longer accepts a charge. I am not saying it will do the same with yours, or it is worth trying. IIRC, it cost me <$20 dollars for an aftermarket battery from Amazon, Good luck!

3-4 years is a long time for a rechargeable battery to just lay around dead with no charge. Not sure I would be blaming Garmin. I have several GPS, tracking collars, and fish finders from them and have not had issues.

Recent Posts