Brake to supressor accuracy

goblbustr

First, Saturday I'm buying my first supressor griffin ultra for 338. Once my dealer recieves the supressor can he give me the brake until ATF work is done so I can start work on the gun. And if I can, once I get a load that shoots well will it still shoot well when the supressor is added. Not point of impact I know that will change but group size. Thanks

Yes you can take the brake immediately. Your load may or may not be in tune with the suppressor, it's alot of weight hanging off the end of the barrel and the harmonics will likely be different.
This makes sense about the harmonics but mine has shot about the same on 5 different barrels. Maybe I've just been lucky. I wouldn't delay development, I think at worst you may require a little minor retuning.

Hmm, if you are just now buying a suppressor, I have heard the approval time is over a year so go shoot with a brake.
Some suppressors are better than others in regards to affecting loads/POI/group size. But you will not know until you have the suppressor and can make changes at that point.

I've had some cans not effect zero at all. Others effect zero on every rifle. And 1 that even effected zero on some but not all my rifles.

I just shot my TS Customs 6mm Creed with the brake on and it was right on just to check, then put my new suppressor on and at 100 yards it shot 4" low and 4" to the left, scope adjust and shoots 1/4 " groups at 100 yards now

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.